Polish Novatac clip?

Shandstech

Newly Enlightened
I'm just wondering what the clip on the Novatac lights are made of? I just polished my stock bezel and WOW, what a difference! It was quite simple with a Dremel and some polish. Will the clip polish up too? Will either keep their luster for a reasonable amount of time?

effulgentOne

Enlightened
The clip is steel like the bezel. I ground the black coating off mine (but didn't want to make it shiny), and was surprised to find that it rusts if exposed to water for significant periods of time. I dremeled away the rust and am now careful to dry it well (esp under the clip), and I haven't had another problem, but it might be something to think about. It also dulls fairly quickly in my experience.

All things considered though, I still think it's worth it.

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Actually just posted these pics tonight in another thread - I put a new style novatac clip on my ra twisty - hated the black so sanded it off with superfine grit paper (I like the rough look). It came off really easily and I love how it looks. No problems with rust yet.

The clip actually doesn't seem too strong to me - I wouldn't be surprised if it snaps at the bend a few months down the road... but it looks great!

IMG_1096.jpg
IMG_1090.jpg

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
so where does one procure one of these Ti Novatac clips...? :naughty:

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is what one looks like.
Nice light huh Jimmy? :)

These were made by Wvaltakis2

He's all out, but you can always put a WTB on the forums .

287kyg2.jpg

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I wish he'd take the initiative to make clips for the new Ra Clicky. :poke: Come on Wvaltakis2, time to make a bunch of money!

Nobody else can get them just right.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Gee . . . .

When i saw this Thread Title,

i thought it was something you ordered from Warsaw !

:tinfoil:
_