Anyone use silicone grease from pool supply on piston lights?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello to all,

I wanted to clean/relube my d20, lf3xt, d10 and lf5xt and was wondering if anyone here uses pool supply silicone grease on this style of light. I use this extensively on the fish tanks and pretty much anything with an o ring but wasn't sure how it would perform for this task.

Any thoughts?

nein166

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure about the pool supply lube but I can relate to using a silicone lube not expressly for flashlights. I found some ketchup style packets of "silicone lube" after some telephone installers ran some fiber optic cables into a splice box where I work. I tried it on a bunch of o-rings and they all work great with no sign of deterioration. I am on the hunt for more because I like it more than Nyogel and its free.

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
Right on, a tube that is practically a lifetime supply is $4, I like that it is non-toxic for when I have been using my lights and have to handle the baby.

I'm not sure how it would hold up to friction fittings in a dry environment since it was designed for use on wet/submerged parts but it says pure silicone so it should be gear

Anyone have experience with piston driven lights and this viscosity of lube?

Last edited:

bugsy714

Flashlight Enthusiast
This question is asked daily I think...

..but HERE you go.

KNOCK YOURSELF OUT.

Seems like there are as many nasty "use the search" posts as there are lube threads....if the thrill has gone from helping give some advice then move on lol:thumbsdow

Norm

Retired Administrator
This question is asked daily I think...

..but HERE you go.

KNOCK YOURSELF OUT.
:wow: Looks like one of the most asked questions on CPF
Norm

P.S. just to add to the confusion I have been using Inox Grease for about 1 year now http://rgstat.redgum.net.au/demonew/secure/store06.csp?store=391&product=24012
Safe for all types of O rings. I buy it from the plumbers supply it's used on taps and machinery when it will come into contact with O rings. (probably safe to eat) :) says food grade

Last edited:

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
:wow: Looks like one of the most asked questions on CPF
Norm

..ya think?!!

140g5y9.jpg

11jnlzl.jpg

xdfa4p.jpg

2isyv0y.jpg

2isyv0y.jpg

ojqsg9.jpg