Jet-III ~ Pocketable???

Death's Head

Enlightened
Looking to buy one, but I just want to know. Can you comfortably EDC the flashlight in your front pocket clipped? Or is the light a bit too large to EDC comfortably?
I did notice that even though the bezel measures 33mm, you can carry the light bezel up in your pocket, so that would help.

captainKrunch

Newly Enlightened
the jet iii m is not what I would consider a 'pocketable' light.

I am comparing this to the Surefire L1 and E1B and even the longer E2dL. It weighs in at about 5.8 ounces with two 123's and not sure how much more with the 18650 it can accomodate. My Surefire E2Dl is about the same length as the Jet but only weighs 3.7 ounces with two 123 batteries. That means the jet is about 60% heavier and it is larger around with a larger bezel. Ounces add up to me.

This of course is relative and hopefully some others can give you more feedback.

As an EDC no way would I carry the Jet. If I was out camping or something short term. I would certainly carry it around

Death's Head

Enlightened
That ST defiinitely is a great size, but I was interested in the Military, or something of similar size.

herrgurka

Newly Enlightened
+1

The ST is the most pocketable in the JET-III series.

I have both (the III PRO ST and the III M) and have to agree, at least to me the III M is just too heavy and awkward to schlepp around as EDC. I took of the clip and put on a lanyard, couldn't see the point with a clip on a light that heavy.

Of course, I like to travel lightly and since I'm usually not that far away from home (and a huge stage of lights that wait for rotation into EDC :D) I prefer to carry 1-cell cr123 lights as EDC, such as my Surefire E1B or Ra clicky.

When I know that I need a lot of light when away from home (biking or hiking) I usually take the III M backed up by a two stage E2L. But that's not EDC in my book :)

Death's Head

Enlightened
I guess I was looking for a reason not to buy the Ti Jet-III Military, but the size of the light wasn't good enough. I ended up purchasing one anyways. :party: