• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired XX Withdrawn FS: M-Zeppelin M6 3xP7 Drop-In With FREE 6x17500 Carrier +Short TailCup

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi

Withdrawn - For Sale

1x Fully Assembled Led Zepellin Surefire M6 LED heatsink 3xP7 Drop-In

NOW: With FREE 6x17500 Carrier +Short TailCup

Currently for sale HERE with project thread HERE specs. post#5 HERE

mzep3p7015landedxt1.jpg

mzep3p7020loadedqz6.jpg

Free 6x17500 Carrier - V1.1 on right of picture
(Batteries not included - White tape for photographic purposes only !)

Use: For 40+ min. Regulated Runtime (Total runtime as tested with AW Protected 17500) - see graph below.

mzep3p7026carrierv10vsvqq0.jpg

- MZP7-3 heatsink: type II ano LED sink, chromate plated universal contact w/ 0.55" contact board
- (3) SSC P7 DSWOJ
- (3) Modified McR27XR
- Shark Buck 3A/Remora 3 Levels

Current Kit Lead time 4-8 weeks

My First Test Sample Assembled Unit is available Now

M6 Bezel removal tool supplied (return after use)
PM if fitting required or any questions

WITHDRAWN NOT $355 Worldwide Postage included
Next Day UK

Cheers
Pete

More Info Added

More details of the 6x17500 carrier . . .

41min Total Runtime @ MAX Output (Regulated - no dimming)

AW protected cells turn off at ~3% capacity and there was no visual dimming of the light - 100%(visual) Regulated Runtime. 1150mAh returned to AW cells on recharge.

Runtime is aggregated from 8min runs as heat generated is quite high, though not as high as Osram build apparently.

The 6S AW17500 LiIon cell set up allows the Buck-Shark to regulate the 3xP7 module perfectly as far as I can ascertain. This gives a greater output over the entire use period.

I have compared the M-Zep 3P7 to a LedZep 4P7 Mag setup running from 4xAW C-Lions (D2Flex DirectDrive) and after a period of use the total output measured in a White-Room Bounce Test is identical. From then on though it is not noticable with the naked eye the 4xP7 drops slowly in output.

Direct comparisons

4xP7 C-Lion at 70% = 112 Lux
3xP7 6S Lion = 111 Lux

I am currently waiting for some thinner PCB to arrive to try to improve the carrier ergonomics (not function).
At the moment with cell springs fitted in the carrier it is about 1.5 MM longer than perfect, such that in Lock-Out mode the first Body-Tail O-Ring is visible.

Rough Data ?

M6 Loaded with V1.1 Carrier - "Lift Off, We have Lift Off"

mzep3p7028carrierv11takid2.jpg

Last edited:

openbolt1

Enlightened
Re: FS: M-Zeppelin SF-M6 3xP7 Drop-In

Any possibility of seeing the business end? Thanks.

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Any possibility of seeing the business end? Thanks.

Thanks brighterisbetter (good maxim !)

similar indeed . . .

No RPM Ti bezel but the business end in a std. M6 looks like this

mzep3p7020loadedqz6.jpg

I'm going to post some more info (soon) about the 6x17500
carrier that I made as this improves output and total runtime and I will hopefully be able to make one available to a special purchaser (only one or two spare short-tail-cups)

Cheers
Pete

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can this run on 2 x C li-ion??

Hi Tessaiga,

2 would be under driven. 3 would be a rasonable direct drive level on high but really works best with more than 3 cells as then the module runs regulated at full power. More details later when not on PDA

Cheers
Pete

LED Zeppelin

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pete, nice job with the assembly.

It must have great runtime with your 6 X 17500 custom pack.

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast

Pete, nice job with the assembly.
It must have great runtime with your 6 X 17500 custom pack.

Hi LZ

Thanks.

More details of the 6x17500 carrier . . .

41min Total Runtime @ MAX Output (Regulated - no dimming)

AW protected cells turn off at ~3% capacity and there was no visual dimming of the light - 100%(visual) Regulated Runtime. 1150mAh returned to AW cells on recharge.

Runtime is aggregated from 8min runs as heat generated is quite high, though not as high as Osram build apparently.

The 6S AW17500 LiIon cell set up allows the Buck-Shark to regulate the 3xP7 module perfectly as far as I can ascertain. This gives a greater output over the entire use period.

I have compared the M-Zep 3P7 to a LedZep 4P7 Mag setup running from 4xAW C-Lions (D2Flex DirectDrive) and after a period of use the total output measured in a White-Room Bounce Test is identical. From then on though it is not noticable with the naked eye the 4xP7 drops slowly in output.

Direct comparisons

4xP7 C-Lion at 70% = 112 Lux
3xP7 6S Lion = 111 Lux

I am currently waiting for some thinner PCB to arrive to try to improve the carrier ergonomics (not function).
At the moment with cell springs fitted in the carrier it is about 1.5 MM longer than perfect, such that in Lock-Out mode the first Body-Tail O-Ring is visible.

Cheers
Pete

Boltgun

Newly Enlightened

can this work in a M4 configuration with Primary cells? If not can it work in that configuration with other cells? if so what kind?

Boltgun

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast

can this work in a M4 configuration with Primary cells? If not can it work in that configuration with other cells? if so what kind?

Boltgun

Hi Boltgun,

4x IMR16340 in an M4 or 6x in a Leef 3x18650 Tube.

This will give you regulated output on high of about 13 minutes or 20 minitues.

Have to be careful not to overdrain the cells as the regulation will mean visible dimming will only occur when cells are very low on power.

Cheers
Pete

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: M-Zeppelin M6 3xP7 Drop-In (Now - With FREE 6x17500 Carrier +Short TailCup)

Hi

NOW: With FREE 6x17500 Carrier +Short TailCup

Free 6x17500 Carrier - V1.1 on right of picture
(Batteries not included - White tape for photographic purposes only !)

Use: For 40+ min. Regulated Runtime (Total runtime as tested with AW Protected 17500) - see graph above.

mzep3p7026carrierv10vsvqq0.jpg

M6 Loaded with V1.1 Carrier - "Lift Off, We have Lift Off"

mzep3p7028carrierv11takid2.jpg

With the new thinner PCB used in the V1.1 carrier there is now a reasonably correct gap between body and tail cap.
Twist On, Momentary and Lock-Out all work. Lock out point is just as first tail O-Ring becomes visible.

Short Tail-Cup is a fully reversible mod

Cheers
Pete

Last edited: