Securing the BB400 in place.

Mike75

Newly Enlightened
Today I've got my BadBoy400 Q3L and I'm very happy with it. The only problem is that it came without retaining ring and every now and then when I twist the head of the Maglite to turn it on - it doesn't work. I guess it's because the module moves a little and looses the contact with the metal body of the flashlight.
So the question is: what can be done about it???? My concern is that with such free movement turning the light on and off by twisting the head could damage the BB400 module itself. Any ideas? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

dat2zip

Flashlight Enthusiast
A CPF'er found a better way to secure it as I recall. He made a ring out of plastic bottle top or something like that. Inserted it up behind the module before inserting the batteries.

That keeps the module from falling out when you take the batteries out.

The retaining ring has nothing to do with the operation of the flashlight as you have posed your question.

What you are describing is a dirty flashlight or the top of the module is dirty. You can easily inspect both the inside of the flashlight and the top of the module. Any dust, debris can easily cause the problem of intermittent on.

Once cleaned, you should have a trouble free flashlight, with the exception of the module falling out with the batteries.

I've got my EDC minimag with me right now and I can tell you I've twisted the head on/off hundreds of times on this module and it works flawless.

You can install a Kroll switch in replacement for the tailcap and then you would have a tailcap clickie. Then you would not need to twist the head to turn it on and off.

Wayne

Mike75

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Wayne!
I guess I'll wait for my Kroll switch and I'll clean the light and the module...
Michael