Help me I bought another one

jonesy

Enlightened
It's funny how things happen sometimes. Here I was content with what I currently use, saving a bit here and there, for the Surefire A2L. Then I happened to stumble across some threads about pocket lights, and it gets the mind thinking. "Wouldn't it be nice to lighten the load a bit? You know, upgrade to something really special. Take those huge 2 cell lights out, give them a break. You do have a birthday coming up!"

After all, it was pretty easy to rationalize this purchase. I really don't like the tint on my Fenix E01, although it does a good job at its intended purpose. My 120P is for the nightstand. The 6P with M60L is meant for CC, and I didn't have anything fancy and small for a night out on the town. And who knows when (if ever) that Surefire will stop teasing us with vaporware and never deliver?

So this is what I just ordered. :party:
3236039757_31a1c4918e_o.jpg

I do have a concern: how the heck do I keep from losing it? It will not go on a keychain (at least, not yet), and I don't always wear jeans, so the 5th pocket option is not always available. Anybody have any cool lanyards or other ideas?

vb14

Newly Enlightened
Congratulations on your purchase! I carry mine on my neck with a SS snake chain. That's the only way I know I will not lose it, and have it with me almost 24x7. So far so good. I've been thinking about buying a matching Ti chain that Death's Head used in his La Petite. But for that price, I can get an M1X. Maybe sometime. Enjoy your new light (I know you will)!

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
<snip>...
I do have a concern: how the heck do I keep from losing it? It will not go on a keychain (at least, not yet), and I don't always wear jeans, so the 5th pocket option is not always available. Anybody have any cool lanyards or other ideas?

The Aeon is the very first/only light I have ever even considered having on my keychain. I can't think of anything more suiting than this mode of carry. Though not a personal fan of lanyards for civilian EDC, this light is so tiny that you've got to tie something on it to stand any chance whatsoever of not losing it. 5mm paracord would be very thick and out of proportion for this light. I wouldn't consider anything thicker than 3mm and possibly a length of leather bootlace would make a suitable tether. You could single strand it or weave it to the desired length. Google William Henry knives to get an idea of what I'm talking about. The only thing is, I'm not sure if I dig the idea of something dressy or made of leather for something as utilitarian as the Aeon. Something synthetic/nylon seems more suiting but like I said, putting it on a keychain is my preferred method of carry. If you are worried about the scuffs, you'll quickly get over that the first time you drop it and put a good gouge in it. :p

jonesy

Enlightened
I'm not too worried about scratches, it's gonna be a user, but it'd would be painful to lose it. I might make a paracord lanyard for now and take it from there.

Got an email from brightguy, it should be here tomorrow, and i just ordered it this morning. Whoa, crazy service. :)

Pics to follow!

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
This is one nice little light! :)

Reminds me of the fact, that I still don't have such a little, tiny one... :shakehead

Yesterday, my latest purchase arrived. I didn't have a jewel either until now, so I invested some of the money I was glad to get back from a contract, which I should never had signed.

I am the one and only owner of a Gatlight (Titanium) in Luxembourg now... :D

jonesy

Enlightened
It has come

Just arrived this morning. Absolutely beautifully made, I'm smitten. It's as small as a victorinox classic, I snapped a few quick shots so you all can check it out. I ordered natural, doesn't look the same as the online shots, but I can live with it. :) I tied a quick paracord lanyard on it, I think it will be in the 5th pocket jeans carry.

Beam is nice and warm, not really ringy, and ridiculously bright for the size. Definitely a keeper, it looks like my new EDC!

3239342114_e806a2beed.jpg

3238502741_b346676d5f.jpg

3238502987_d9bbd383ee.jpg

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Personally, I am thinking about a snap shackle on a belt loop attached to a lanyard just long enough for the light to rest in my pocket, easily removable and secure.

Berkeley Point used to advertise on this forum but I haven't seen them as of late but if you Google them or just snap shackle by itself, you will get numerous hits and they are pretty cool looking.

As for helping you with the buying another one issue, that's like a drowning man trying to save another drowning man but at least we are drowning together.:devil:

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought hmmm... leather sounds nice... and I made my very first lanyard ever last night. I didn't have a nice bead or anything to tie it off so I improvised a grip ring of leather. I thought it turned out pretty good for my first one.

aeonleatherlanyard1a196qb8.jpg