Help with my Nitecore D10

godzillamax

Newly Enlightened
I recently purchased my first LED flashlight, a Nitecore D10, from 4Stevens.com. I received it in the mail 6-7 days ago and it has to date, performed flawlessly. Today though, is a different story. I had it in my pocket and noticed my pocket becoming very warm. I took out the D10 and noticed it felt very warm (though no too hot to handle) but the light was off. I tried to turn it on but it would not come on. Immediately I thought perhaps the battery had exploded so I removed the AA Duracel and noted that it was intact. I let the D10 cooldown and replaced the battery with a new Duracel. It wouldn't turn on. I tried another battery, no luck. As of now, the D10 appears to be dead in the water. Any advice or things I can try outside sending it back?

Thanks.

balou

Enlightened
Maybe you installed the battery the wrong way? Has it ever worked since you installed this battery? (I mean the one during the warmup).

Else... just contact 4sevens about warranty replacement

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Others were having a similar problem... its crops up here and there with scattered CPF reports, of varying severity.

Contact 4-7s for service or an RMA.

godzillamax

Newly Enlightened
Maybe you installed the battery the wrong way? Has it ever worked since you installed this battery? (I mean the one during the warmup).

Else... just contact 4sevens about warranty replacement

It has been working perfectly since I bought it. Even worked fine today until it went into my pocket. Not user error or a battery in the wrong way.