Recommendations for Newbie

garland

Newly Enlightened
I've just started my journey into torch obsession (I'm very prone to obsessions and own over 100 niche fragrances and 50+ vintage razors from previous obsessive collecting).

I just decided to get myself a good torch after being inspired by re-watching the entire x-files series recently!

I got a Fenix PD20 and am vey happy with it since torches I've previously owned have been the low grade £5 ones that run out after about 20 mins and use loads of those annoying massive batteries.

The PD20 is lovely and neat and quite versatile, but I think I want:

• a larger torch with a wider beam area (I know this is probably not correct terminology but hopefully you know what I mean)
  • a lantern type light that can flood an area for use when camping etc.
  • and what the heck, anything else you recommend I look into
Budget is not particularly tight, although I wouldn't want to spend over about £80 on a single torch at this point.

This forum is fantastic by the way. I never imagines such a thing could have existed. I'm slowly picking up knowledge by trawling through posts in my spare time.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You might want to look into Pila or Wolf-Eyes lights if you want something on the bigger end. I hear the W-E Sniper MC-E and P7 are pretty nice. There's a link to a review of the Raider in my sigline.

You might want to look into a Nitecore PD-series light, I find mine to be very handy.

You might also want to look into putting a spending limit on your bank account :D
If you're prone to collect, you can go through a quite a bit of money in an impressively short time :D

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Not sure about larger but look at the Zebralights. They were built to be flood lights and have almost no hotspot.

As for a lantern, I'm not sure what's available, but you can get a diffuser for the PD20.

:welcome: