Eagletac T-series smooth reflector

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hypothetically, how many Eagletac owners here would buy a smooth reflector for the Eagletac T-series lights if they produced one? With the high output of these lights, I think that they could have a decent amount of throw with a smooth reflector.

I doubt it will make a difference, but its possible that Eagletac might pay attention if enough people are interested.

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Personally I wouldn't be too interested in one. I'd rather see Eagletac invest in warmer/ neutral LEDs first. There are plenty of throwers, but not may good general use lights. Just my $.02

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
True, but it would probably be cheaper to manufacture a smooth reflector than come up with a whole new line (the T10Lc2). Other manufacturers like Fenix and Dereelight have both smooth and textured reflectors for their lights, so it makes sense (to me at least) from a marketing standpoint. The reflectors on the T series are not all that hard to remove, so switching them would be pretty simple.
Take the T10L for instance: there aren't any other 18650 lights (that I can think of) of a similar size that have both good throw AND regulation. Lights like the TK11 and Olight M20 have throw, but no regulation with 18650s.

With a smooth reflector, they could probably get more than the 30-40% more throw they are getting with the new T10Lc2.

The eagletac lights (mine at least) already have neutral tinted LEDs. Mine comes about as close to "pure white" as I have seen; although some of the corona is slightly on the warm side. I personally prefer a neutral tint, and I like the tint exactly how it is now. I'm not all that fond of warm tinted lights, but I would say that eagletac has done "neutral" pretty well.

TommyGuns

Newly Enlightened
My biggest want is the Eagletac with a low light setting. The medium and high settings are great, but I think with a low light setting batteries would last much longer.

Has anybody talked to Eagletac asking about a low light setting?

Policetacteam

Enlightened
The new T10LC2 has a reflector that still has a tiny bit, very tiny, of OP but is almost totally smooth. I'm at work so I can't provide any pictures but I think this is slightly more towards what you are wanting. And the throw on this thing is NICE!!!!

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mjolnir you are on the right track. I don't see why most of these companies don't offer as a kit a series of reflectors from deep orange peel to totally smooth so we can pick and choose the one we want on any given night. I would love to have a totally smooth reflector and then also the very light OP reflector as accessories to the light I have now. Why the heck not let the customer have more options and of course it would give them the chance to sell more accessories.

:thumbsup:

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
My biggest want is the Eagletac with a low light setting. The medium and high settings are great, but I think with a low light setting batteries would last much longer.

Has anybody talked to Eagletac asking about a low light setting?

that's hard with a 2 setting light.
which makes it a problem to please everyone.

i do think that there should be more separation of the output. for example, my p10a says 37 lumen and 130 lumens. on paper, that far enough but in person, not so much.
when i compared the 2 outputs with a p7 d2flex(5 mode light setting), the 2 outputs on the p10a were the same as 2 outputs on the d2flex that were adjacent to each other.
the high low on the p10a = the med, turbo on the fenix ld10
i think they should go with the low, high on the fenix. so that it's really a difference in output visually and will have a really good runtime too.

BUT then i guess it would go against their theme of pushing the envelope. so really i guess there is no point in changing the output. if someone wanted something lower there are alot of other light choices. if someone wants the max a certain cell type can be pushed, an eagletac would fit the mold nicely.

Latest posts