Z32 Bezel

flip

Enlightened
I have a Fivemega 1x18650 body that I was using with an LF 3.7v LED drop-in and a Surefire 6P bezel and clicky switch. The bezel would not screw all the way down on the body which left a gap. I stumbled upon a good deal on a Z32 shock isolated bezel so even though I didn't need it, I bought it.

I tried it on the above mentioned light and it fit perfectly. It screws all the way down and I think the shape of it looks better on the light than the 6P bezel.

I haven't had a chance to play with it outside so I can't say if the beam has been altered in any way. This bezel is longer than the 6P and the led sits farther away from the lens now.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Might of cut short some of your spill beam but that's about it.

There's also the whole issue of the shock isolated head not being as efficient at getting heat away from the LED as the standard bezel but I wouldn't worry too much about it unless you want to run it non stop till the batteries go flat.

NotRegulated

Flashlight Enthusiast
It screws all the way down because the shock isolated rubber dam inside the bezel is pushed closer to the window.

flip

Enlightened
It looks like I may have spoken too soon about it working fine. I carried it on my duty belt for 12+ hours today and it failed to light up a few times when I clicked the switch on. I loosened and tightened the head and it came on. I'm not sure if it is a bezel or drop-n problem. I swapped the 6P head back on to it tonight and it worked fine.

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
The elastic shock cushioning may be giving variable pressure on the drop-in, causing intermittent contact.

cfromc

Enlightened
I did beam shots a long time ago comparing three heads (or more, I can't remember). The stock 6P, M2, and Z32 heads were compared side-by-side at the same distances and at the same time. The spill was reduced from left to right slightly but not enough to make a significant difference. I used a 2-cell weaponlight body with the Z32 for over a year, with a P61. Recently I have switched to a Malkoff M60WF. Since I no longer needed the shock-isolation of the Z32, I also switched to the Z44-BK (6P) head. The spill difference is not even noticable in use. While I don't ever expect to have the light on long enough to have an issue, I just figured it is good insurance to use the Z44 instead of the Z32 with an LED for two reasons: heat and connectivity. I don't want to have an intermittant problem caused by the head, and I think the Z44 is better for conducting heat away from the LED vs. a shock-isolated head which was never intended to house an LED.

my 2 cents

Justin Case

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you wrap the drop-in's body/pill in foil so that it makes good contact with the "well" at the top of the SureFire body, then it doesn't matter what bezel you use. The thermal conduction path will be into the flashlight body. The foil will also help to solve any grounding issues you may have with a particular drop-in.