Surefire clip removel

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Take off the O-ring.
Put a lanyard or strong string under the clip and putt towards the head.

Take off the O-ring.
Push the clip off towards the head by pushing the tip of the clip against the very edge of a desk.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
In either case, keep an eye open for the retaining shim. They're small and have a tendency to fly off in odd directions, especially when using the string method to remove the clip. It's not not absolutely necessary, but the clip will be a lot more secure with the shim in place.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
In either case, keep an eye open for the retaining shim. They're small and have a tendency to fly off in odd directions, especially when using the string method to remove the clip. It's not not absolutely necessary, but the clip will be a lot more secure with the shim in place.

lol the first time i removed the pocket clip i looked at the shim cuz it flew some where on my bed and was like " what the?"

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another option is to pull the o-ring and place the clip on the edge of a crappy table you don't mind getting marks on and push down on the body or hit the top of the body with something to break it free...like others said, mind the retaining shim.
A piece of wood works good as a striking tool because it won't dent it or mess up the threads.