Fenix L1D: lost low-mode... Advice? (SOLVED!)

Brizzler

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I tried to avoid starting a new thread but my searches didn't turn up anything useful. Feel free to just point me to another thread if necessary...
Basically I reached for my Fenix L1D yesterday for the first time in a while and found that while the turbo and strobe can be engaged, looseing the head does not give the general mode with low etc. settings. I have since cleaned the threads of most of the grey gunk and applied Nyogel, but am still missing the low etc. modes. :(
Clearly this is a contact issue of some sort at the head end, but I don't know what to do having already had a go at cleaning the threads. Suggestions please!

Thanks!

Last edited:

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Fenix L1D: lost low-mode... Advice?

What kind of battery are you using ?

Marduke

Flashaholic

Check to make sure that the outer contact ring of the PCB has no foreign pieces of debris which contact the threads on the inside of the head.

Brizzler

Newly Enlightened

Check to make sure that the outer contact ring of the PCB has no foreign pieces of debris which contact the threads on the inside of the head.

Couldn't see anything down there but just poked around with a toothpick in an attempt to clear out anything that might be hiding.
RESULT: MISSING MODES ARE BACK!! :)

:thanks: a lot Marduke and CPF!
Awesome to get advice on a problem that quickly and resolve it!! :thumbsup: