MagLite upgraded to a Rebel!! (pics in post 34)

Marduke

Flashaholic
While at Lowe's tonight checking for the Remington headlamp, I happened to look down at the Mag's. And what do I see, but Rebel LED's in the 2D and 3D models!! They were stamped with "060", which suggests to me that they were Rebel 60's.

Should focus into a tighter spot now.

Last edited:

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: MagLite upgraded to a Rebel!!

Marduke,

Not funny:twak:

Don't get our hopes up just to dash 'em. You would have bought one and posted pics by now if they were there and you were a good flashaholic:eek:

:poke:

I will be down there tomorrow to check it out:thumbsup:

Illum

Flashaholic

:thinking:

thats not good...that couldn't be good...
unless they managed to put in a bigger heatsink or modified the reflector:ohgeez:

Marduke

Flashaholic

I'm not joking. I didn't have a camera with me, and I didn't feel like shelling out $31 for something that is still crappier than what I already have.

If I get back that way tomorrow I'll take the camera.

Of course if someone wanted to donate the $$, I'd be more than happy to buy one and compare it to the old 2D MagLED.

Illum

Flashaholic

I didn't accuse you of joking:twothumbs, but I can't help but to shudder thinking what sort of beam profile a stock SMO PR reflector + rebel looks like:candle:

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast

I didn't accuse you of joking:twothumbs, but I can't help but to shudder thinking what sort of beam profile a stock SMO PR reflector + rebel looks like:candle:

I bet it isn't bad at all. Really. I have Rebel lights with SMO reflectors and they're fine.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm not joking. I didn't have a camera with me, and I didn't feel like shelling out $31 for something that is still crappier than what I already have.

If I get back that way tomorrow I'll take the camera.

Of course if someone wanted to donate the $$, I'd be more than happy to buy one and compare it to the old 2D MagLED.

:p:nana:

Gunner12

Flashaholic

WHAT!

Maglite using relatively new parts???

How Is This Possible?!?!

I must see next time I'm around a MagLED.

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast

How does the Rebel 060 compare in efficiency to the Lux 3 now used?

Calvin

Newly Enlightened

I modded my 3d mag with a rebel. The first two batteries from the tailcap end got corroded. I chopped the body down so one battery could be used, put in a driver and put the rebel in. The reflector does work very nice and it is a good thrower. I wish I knew how to post pictures. Although it would have to go in the mod forum. Just my 2 cents, rebel in a mag reflector worked well for me.

kramer5150

Flashaholic

WHAT!

Maglite using relatively new parts???

How Is This Possible?!?!

I must see next time I'm around a MagLED.

low BIN rebels are nothing to really get excited over from a brightness standpoint (IMHO). Although the color tint is really good. The ROV sportsman 2AA lights use rebel 50 (or 60 I can't remember). Its still one of my best lights as far as tint and beam smoothness/quality are concerned.

Last edited:

darknessemitter

Enlightened

While at Lowe's tonight checking for the Remington headlamp, I happened to look down at the Mag's. And what do I see, but Rebel LED's in the 2D and 3D models!! They were stamped with "060", which suggests to me that they were Rebel 60's.

Should focus into a tighter spot now.

I don't suppose there's any chance it was an upside down "090"? :D Yeah, I know, not likely. Would've been better if they used a TFFC K2. Although I am interested in seeing how a Rebel performs in a MiniMagLED...

metlarules

Flashlight Enthusiast

I wonder if this means we are going to see a clearance sale on the Lux 3 Maglites. :D While not even close to current technology,they make excellent runtime/emergency lights.

Gunner12

Flashaholic

low BIN rebels are nothing to really get excited over from a brightness standpoint (IMHO). Although the color tint is really good. The ROV sportsman 2AA lights use rebel 50 (or 60 I can't remember). Its still one of my best lights as far as tint and beam smoothness/quality are concerned.
I know it is probably a lower binned Rebel, but it's still a Rebel none the less.

Humm, I wonder where they got the idea to change...

lightinsky

Enlightened

I wonder if you have a C or D cell mag with a lux 3 if they have the PR based Rebel available yet or do you have to buy the whole light with it?