Help me!

pipspeak

Enlightened
So there I was wondering why I have so many little- or un-used lights. I know, I know... flashaholism and all that. But it started bugging me enough to consider a consolidation. That's where I'm hoping y'all might help :grin2:

My signature below shows what I got right now. I feel I have at least one, perhaps two, too many lights and too many CR123 lights. I'm happy to sell some and buy fewer replacements if necessary. My goal is to have at least one, perhaps two AA lights and a couple CR123 lights.

I tend to use lights more outdoors than in and generally prefer throw to flood -- prefer to see what's well ahead rather than what's around. I have also discovered that lights with complex UIs are not for me, despite what I originally throught. The D10? fabulous-looking light but drives me insane! The 120P? A lovely hunk of goodness but I always forget how to reprogram or change settings in the heat of the moment. The L2D? great travel light but I find myself peering into the darkness too often because it's too floody.

So I'm opening it up to suggestions... hit me with your ideas! I'm generally up on what's out there (spend too long here) but am hoping to get additional inspiration. The only light I want to keep because it's just so fabulous is the E2DL.

Last edited:

rockz4532

Enlightened
giveaway?
how about a Surefire 6P with a Malkoff M60? 225 lumens for 1-2 hours. or theres the M60W, M60L, M60LL, M60WL, and many more. Other members can provide more details if you are interested

Last edited:

pipspeak

Enlightened
Giveaway? No chance :D I gotta fund new lights!

I played with a 6P... sold it on but worth reconsidering.

By throw I guess I mean simply a more throwy than floody beam, rather than sheer throw power (for that I might get a DBS). Compactness is also important... one or two-cell lights otherwise I just won't carry them.

I like the L2D size but need more throw, for example. Love the 120P and D10 size but need simpler UI and potentially more oomph.

saabgoblin

Enlightened
That's easy, because I have an associate in San Francisco.

Place the Mcgizmo and the E1b in a brown paper sack and head directly to the corner of fell and O'Farrel streets and say the "Toad has Croaked" to the man in the wide brim Fedora and hand off the package post haste. My associate and I may contact you in the future if we both decide to reward you for your compliance.:naughty:

As for single cell AA's with a lot of throw, I have no direct experience that I can offer but I feel that we may be talking in the future.

"Take the Cannoli's, Leave the Gun" The Godfather:cool:

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
The eagle tac lights look good for that. It looks like they're using a mcr19hk (hong kong).

pipspeak

Enlightened
I'm gonna try me an eagletac... I put a buncho lights up for sale on CPFM if anyone's interested :twothumbs