nitecore ex10 or novatac 120 as keychain?

cruisemissile

Enlightened
I want a keychain light. my wife stole my Fenix P1D-CE, which was nice on the keychain.
I like the Nitecore Ex10 and just ran across a great deal at Lapolicegear for a novatac 120.
does anyone use the novatac as a keychain light? or is it way too big?
who likes the nitecore ex10 as a keychain light?

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
I dont have a EX10 so I cant comment
The Novatac is too large for a key chain light
Length ways maybe but it is just too fat in my humble opinion :)
To give you an idea, here is a piccy

DSC00929.jpg

litework

Newly Enlightened
I think both the Novatac and the Nitecore are much larger than your P1D. They are also a lot heavier.

skyva

Newly Enlightened
Well, I have a ex10, and it is my favorite light.
However, most torches that accept a single cr123 or rechargeable equivalent, are similar in size. My recommendation wold be to decide whether the form factor was ok, then decide on he UI of the light.

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
Both are too large for keychain use. The Novatac is huge compared to a single CR123, and the EX10 is also quite a bit larger than the cell. For a keychain, you are going to need either a CR123 twisty (e.g., Fenix P1D, Nautilus, etc.), or even better a light that uses a smaller cell (e.g., Fenix LD01, Aeon, Drake, Orb Raw/Wee or many others.)

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Novatac & keys together wouldn't be keys w/a keychain light, it would be a light with keys! :D

sappyg

Enlightened
A Novatac & keys together wouldn't be keys w/a keychain light, it would be a light with keys! :D

true... i guess you could make it work but, the keys would just tag along with the light in some unfortunate way.
for keys i don't like anything bigger than a button cell squeeze light. i don't even carry my raw ns on my keys because it's too big. to me keychain lights should be super light and super small. that's why i like those lighthound squeeze lights so much.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
That flashlight is not a keychain, the keys are flashlight-chain. :)

IMO The LD01 is the perfect balance between size and performance...

Onuris

Newly Enlightened
My Peak Matterhorn 3 LED is my favorite keychain light. Much better made than the Fenix, less expensive than the Nightcore or Novatac. Does the output of the others either, but plenty enough for a keychain light imo.

cruisemissile

Enlightened
thx everyone for your insight.
i just ordered a novatac 120 from lapolicegear, and guess I still need to keep shopping for a keychain light. i liked my Fenix P1D-CE, but wasn't crazy about the twisty, it was just the right size.