Question about ITP Lights

Helstar

Newly Enlightened
I was just getting ready to order the ITP C7 tactical model and the C9 battery body with tail cap assembly from shining beams. While I was looking I found a message stating "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It is recommended to use regular tail switch with regular head, and tactical switch with tactical head, mix match might cause dysfunction of output and modes"

Does anyone have any info? I was wanting the tactical 1AA format for most things, but wanted to have the smaller C9 laying around and it is not offered in a tactial format so it would have the strobe and the SOS. I thought that C7, C8, and the C9 all used the EXACT same head. I am holding off on this order till I figure this out. So, if anyone has any input please help. I will continue to look on my own.
[/FONT]

Helstar

Newly Enlightened
OK, i found a few more areas on the net that states that tactical heads are tacital heads and strobing heads are strobing heads. SO, I guess I found the answer. The google search seems to work so much better then the other search. I still had to look pretty deep. But oh well, I will buy the tactical.

mikekoz

Flashlight Enthusiast
This has nothing to do with your question, as I do not know :shrug:, but your post looked so "lonely" :mecry: with no replies to it! I just got a iTP-C8 tactical a few days ago, and I really like it. It is bright, seems well made, nothing else I have seen looks like it (it looks reallycool!!:thumbsup:), and the ramping is the easiest I have come across. I have five lights that ramp (This one, Novatac 120P, Nitecore D10, D20, and the NDI) and this one is the most brain -dead easy I have encountered so far. I just hope it holds up. More and more I am leaning towards more lights with simple interfaces.

Mike

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure why that is, but you may be able to get an answer from someone at ITP in the manufacturer's forum in the marketplace.
As for threads being lonely... it happens sometimes. Give it more than a couple hours; some of us actually do need sleep now and then... or even worse we go to work. You may just be posting at a time when a lot of members aren't active. :crazy:

Helstar

Newly Enlightened
I am always afraid that if no one replies then I will seen receive the dreaded "USE THE SEARCH" reply. LOL! Which I do use, sometimes it just seems to vague or way way to in depth to actually get a simple yes that works or no that does not work. I sent ITP an email. I am waiting for a response. I am just going to order the tactical since I prefer momentary over strobe. I wish we could have both, but oh well.
Thank you guys for replying. Once I hear from ITP I will post the findings in this thread.

Long RunTime

Enlightened
I can't answer your question but I do have an ITP C7 regular and a C9 body-tail cap. If i understood it correctly, the head which contains the circuit makes them different (regular or tactical as you might have known too.) Sorry I can't help much but I like the light very much. It has the same UI of the Olight Ti Infinitum I have. Hopefully some one will chime in soon.
:popcorn:

Ziemas

Enlightened
Why don't you write to ShiningBeam and ask them? I've always gotten a quick and germane response from Bryan at SB.

Helstar

Newly Enlightened
Why don't you write to ShiningBeam and ask them? I've always gotten a quick and germane response from Bryan at SB.

I wrote the manufacture. I have found a few places on the web where it talks against using the tactical head with the regular tail switch and so forth. I will probally just order the tactical