Inova T4 MP or Pelican 7060?

copierguy_mobile

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

I know this is just another "vs." type thread but I'm not too big into either of these lights so I need some advice.

I'm looking for a full size rechargable LED light that has the ability to be docked and charged in my car trunk. This would be an emergency light and wouldn't see much use (but If you've ever happened across a bad accident at night in the middle of nowhere, you know what I'm getting at)

I've never owned a Pelican light so I'm completely in the dark there and I've been a little dissapointed in every Inova light I've ever purchased and have eventually sold them all in BST.

So how about it? is one vastly superior to the other or is there another option I hadn't considered?

Thanks,
Greg

maxilux

Enlightened
The Pelican 7060 is a great light, i think good output, good throw, good handling, when it is not to big for you, take, it is a good choice.

toolpig1

Enlightened
I have both of them and it's a tough call. I'd go for the T4-MP. These two lights have been compared so many times here on CPF, use the search function. I know that I've commented in detail on several past occasions.

Newly Enlightened
I got my son the Innova T4 for Christmas. It is an excellent light, the build quality is great, the UI is simple and the light is perfect size.

Mikellen

Enlightened
The Inova MP T4 has a lower mode correct? Anyone know the approximate lumen level? Also I've read that the current Inova T4 has a warmer tint. Can anyone confirm this?

Thanks.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Inova T4-MP advantages:
- smaller
- low and strobe mode option
- comes with car adapter standard
- switch less touchy (overly sensitive) compared to Pelican 7060

Pelican 7060 advantages:
- slightly higher output
- much more throw (10X hotspot intensity)
- Side and tail switches
- simpler and more intuitive single-level forward clicky switch

I have seen several 2008 model T1, T2, and T3 lights, and all of them have had a warm or warm/neutral tint. However, my T4-MP has a very cool tint, even though others have reported a warm tint with theirs. So I would not make a choice to purchase based on tint.

Xak

Enlightened
My T4MP is nice and warm. Perfect beam, great mix of spot and flood. Built like a tank.

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am very happy with my 7060. It is a great light. :twothumbs

Xak

Enlightened
I think they are both fantastic lights. You need to decide what type of beam you want. The 7060 seems to throw better and have less flood, the T4MP has better spill, warmer tint, but not as much throw. I got the T4MP for a light inside and outside around the house. I don't have much of a yard and live in a more urban area so I don't have much use for throw, but flood or spill is very important.

I don't believe the 7060 has lower modes. Don't know if this helps your decision.

I am interested in the 8060. It is like the 7060, but it is longer, runs longer, and if needed can run on "C" batteries. Looks like it will make a great club as well as a flashlight.

dougie

Enlightened
As I don't own either of these lights I'm having to rely on memory, but isn't the 7060 pretty water resistant? I seem to remember that the T4 lets water in around the switch area? Can anyone confirm this? Is this an achilles heel for both of them?

Hitthespot

Flashlight Enthusiast
As I don't own either of these lights I'm having to rely on memory, but isn't the 7060 pretty water resistant? I seem to remember that the T4 lets water in around the switch area? Can anyone confirm this? Is this an achilles heel for both of them?

Based on water resistance the 7060 may win. I cannot find any water resistant specifications on the Pelican site. The T4 will leak at the charge terminals if "submerged" in water, and I personally do believe the light should be more water proof. Also Inova customer service made it clear to me that they do not cover water damage under warranty.

Bill

Lightbringer

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I am still interested in comparing these lights, specifically for mounting in a vehicle. How robust is the dock for the 8060/7060 vs. the T4? I may have to mount the light at an odd angle and I want to know if the dock will retain the light under extreme driving conditions. I am thinking of putting a secondary bracket, like a maglite C lite mounting bracket, to stabilize the light.

I'm still trying to decide which I like better, the 8060 or 7060. Weight isn't really an issue since the light will only be used when needed and returned to the truck after. Would the throw be comparable to a surefire g3 w/ p61? Thanks for the info.

mpkav

Newly Enlightened
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I am still interested in comparing these lights, specifically for mounting in a vehicle. How robust is the dock for the 8060/7060 vs. the T4? I may have to mount the light at an odd angle and I want to know if the dock will retain the light under extreme driving conditions. I am thinking of putting a secondary bracket, like a maglite C lite mounting bracket, to stabilize the light.

I'm still trying to decide which I like better, the 8060 or 7060. Weight isn't really an issue since the light will only be used when needed and returned to the truck after. Would the throw be comparable to a surefire g3 w/ p61? Thanks for the info.

I have the 7060 dock under my computer stand and have never had a problem. The 8060 is a bigger light so I'm not sure how it will hold up to the rigors of driving. I have no experience with the Inova. I do recommend the 7060. Good all around light.

toolpig1

Enlightened
Not trying to sound obnoxious, but I have all three (7060, 8060, T4). The charging cradles are all very sturdy, you won't need a secondary bracket with any of them.

The 8060 is in a completely different size class, more like a Mag 3D cell. It offers much longer runtime and the ability to use C alkalines. It is not that much brighter to the naked eye than the others, though it does pack a pretty good punch (throw).

The 7060 gives you the dual switches (not that big a deal to me) and the shortest runtime. I like the polymer body for cold weather. Both Pelicans throw nicely and produce a great beam. Also, both Pelicans only came with the AC charger cord.

The T4 outruns the 7060 and charges a bit faster to boot. It comes with both AC and 12V power cords for the charger base. Of the three, this cradle hugs the light the tightest. The T4 also has multiple levels, and a glass lens. It's been said many times, Inova T-series are built like tanks.

Both companies have fantastic customer service, you can't make a wrong decision.

unclevit

Newly Enlightened
Hi guys,

I know this is just another "vs." type thread but I'm not too big into either of these lights so I need some advice.

I'm looking for a full size rechargable LED light that has the ability to be docked and charged in my car trunk. This would be an emergency light and wouldn't see much use (but If you've ever happened across a bad accident at night in the middle of nowhere, you know what I'm getting at)

I've never owned a Pelican light so I'm completely in the dark there and I've been a little dissapointed in every Inova light I've ever purchased and have eventually sold them all in BST.

So how about it? is one vastly superior to the other or is there another option I hadn't considered?

Thanks,
Greg

Try NexTorch, they have car charging models. Quality built and reliable :twothumbs

Latest posts