Some Liteflux LF5XT questions...

lightwait

Newly Enlightened
I have been doing searching on the Liteflux LF5XT. I have the LF3XT. I like it a lot but I think I might like the slimmer form of the AA light. I've read that the LF5 XT has a slight turn on delay of .4 seconds. Is anyone hating that after having it for awhile? I tend to get impatient when I click something and nothing happens. My fingers expect that instant response and I might not be able to train myself not to re-click if I notice the delay.

I have Fenix lights and I have D10 and EX10. I am more of a fan of the Fenix interface and the LF3XT's FUI. That being said, I still on occasion click my LF3 over to CUI. I could live without the CUI, but it would really tick me off if 6 months down the road we see a LF5XT with a LF3XT dual interface. Does anybody think that is on the horizon?

baterija

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I have mine set with momentary...in fact on both the 3XT and 5XT so they operate the same for me. With momentary enabled both give you light as soon as you press. A single click for both turns it on. It actually gives you a blink of momentary, followed by a blink off till the wait expires, then on.

The 3XT still has the delay for every other command except the initial on. When you change levels does the pause annoy you?

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I'm hoping they do come out with a new LF5XT with the LF3XT UI, and the clean design of the LF3XT. I think I can wait a few months for that to happen.

Geoff

lightwait

Newly Enlightened
Well I have mine set with momentary...in fact on both the 3XT and 5XT so they operate the same for me. With momentary enabled both give you light as soon as you press. A single click for both turns it on. It actually gives you a blink of momentary, followed by a blink off till the wait expires, then on.

The 3XT still has the delay for every other command except the initial on. When you change levels does the pause annoy you?

Good idea with the momentary setting. You know, I never noticed the delay between levels on the 3XT. So maybe it won't be a problem. thanks.

lightwait

Newly Enlightened
I'm hoping they do come out with a new LF5XT with the LF3XT UI, and the clean design of the LF3XT. I think I can wait a few months for that to happen.

Geoff

I'll take one. That would be great if they copied the 3XT software exactly so we could get more use out of that great flow chart.