Inretech 2AA vs. Opalec

Pi_is_blue

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I first got my Inretech, I was rather disappointed. It is very green and rather dim. With alkaline batteries it is less than half the brightness of my Opalec. But when I finally got some lithiums, the brightness roughly equaled that of the Opalec. Is this normal? Is mine too dim? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Catapult

Enlightened
Looks like you've got a real dim LS. The current stock of InReTech LS are very white, not puke green. The AA using alkalines should be brighter than the Opalec, and with Lithums, well, it blows the Opalec away. Drop Mike a line and he should be able to help you.

BuddTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Catapult said:
Looks like you've got a real dim LS. The current stock of InReTech LS are very white, now puke green. The AA using alkalines should be brighter than the Opalec, and with Lithums, well, it blows the Opalec away. Drop Mike a line and he should be able to help you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike,

I bet you meant to say NOT PUKE GREEN!

As this is your business, I would hate for one letter to change your intent!

keithhr

Flashlight Enthusiast
It doesn't get any better than that, I mean a manufacturer making contributions in a forum such as this offereing to replace a possible defective product, Kudos to Inretech.

RewopEldnac

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif for Inretech!!

shipinretech

Enlightened
http://www.inretech.net/batlife.htm

This is based on our older product. The curves have probably changed a good bit with our latest batches. While Opalec makes a fine regulated product, we feel that the InReTech adapter is far superior as an emergency light. The Opalec adapter brightness drops substantially after ~8 hours, and nothing will get it to come back. Our product follows a more continuous dimming over a period of weeks of continuous use. There may be a brief period where the Opalec is brighter than our adapter, but we can be patient...very patient.

Also, Ray-O-Vac now has alkaline rechargables that work great with our product. My carry AA light has Ray-O-Vac rechargables in it and I have not had to recharge them in over two weeks of intermittant use. I measured an initial charge on the AA and D-cell rechargable alkalines of about 1.7-1.8V. That is a hotter charge than lithiums are rated for, although your mileage may vary.

We have not run formal endurance tests on the Ray-O-Vac rechargables yet, mostly because I am not about to give up my flashlight for a week or more. In an informal test, one of our Trilights was producing good light days after it was turned on with Ray-O-Vac alkaline rechargeables.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Walmart, Target, Office Max/Depot, Circuit City, your typical department store, electronics store, lots of places actually...

Or you can do an online search and find other rechargeable alkalines other than Rayovac brands.

shipinretech

Enlightened
I got mine at Home Depot. I was not happy buying another $20 recharger, but the battery price was actually quite good. Lowe's did not have rechargable batteries.

shipinretech

Enlightened
I got the recharger that handles D-cell batteries because feeding TRILIGHTs is expensive when you are going to a lot of shows. We like to keep our products bright for the shows, and so we don't get a lot of life out of a set of batteries if they are not rechargable. I think we are probably going to have to invest in more rechargeable alkalines for the shows.

We sold one of our demo UV lights at the last show, and the guy wanted to know how much longer it should last since he got a demo. It was a great relief to explain that if he ran the light every day for eight hours, he should expect to get another 36 years or so out of it. He didn't ask for a discount for the 0.01% of total use that it had seen so far. I like making products that will work for multiple generations.