D10 getting dimmer?

ruriimasu

Enlightened
My D10 seemed to have gotten dimmer and warm tint. correct me if im wrong, but my D10 was one of the 1sts and the tint was towards cool right? i used to be blinded in an instant by max, now i can stare into it for seconds and not be blinded much. i compared it to a cheap nichia which puts out about max 25 lumens, both on fresh recyko batts and the D10 was just slightly brighter if not dimmer! is my D10 damaged? anyone have this same problem?

balou

Enlightened
could be to much resistance on the electrical contact.
I noticed that there is some black grit accumulating on the electrical contacts in the head. Giving it a wipe with isopropyl alcohol would be worth a try.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Balou's suggestion sounds to me like a good idea: a complete cleaning could really help your light.

BTW my D10 (s/n 00018) does not show any difference in brightness or tint but it has not been used much.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
...why the heck are there duplicate serial numbers?

I believe the working theory is, we're not using the whole serial numbers. Mine (in full) is NCD10BUK 00018. The second part of the serial could start fresh with different batches, or for export to different parts of the world.

ruriimasu

Enlightened
could be to much resistance on the electrical contact.
I noticed that there is some black grit accumulating on the electrical contacts in the head. Giving it a wipe with isopropyl alcohol would be worth a try.

i'll try it when i get home from work and post the result. thanks :D

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe the working theory is, we're not using the whole serial numbers. Mine (in full) is NCD10BUK 00018. The second part of the serial could start fresh with different batches, or for export to different parts of the world.

Apparently the s/n of the lights for each distributor starts from zero. I bought mine from Neolumen in France and the complete s/n is NCD10BFR 00018.

So the s/n may have really not much to do with the date of manufacture.

ruriimasu

Enlightened
cleaning it worked! as of now, i am struggling to type this reply having a "sun spot" in my eyes :ohgeez: apparently i coated too much grease. thanks guys! :D

Watchguy

Newly Enlightened
I'm just glad it wasn't your eyes going bad from looking into the light while it was on high.:whistle: