need help.

fenix-rules

Newly Enlightened
i recently bought a fenix L1D Q5 i was out yesterday night and noticed that my friends L1D was slightly brighter on turbo mode he asked me what type of batteries i was using, i told him i was using an energizer alkaline battery he told me that he was using lithium's. should this make a difference?

Marduke

Flashaholic
i recently bought a fenix L1D Q5 i was out yesterday night and noticed that my friends L1D was slightly brighter on turbo mode he asked me what type of batteries i was using, i told him i was using an energizer alkaline battery he told me that he was using lithium's. should this make a difference?

Yes, very much. Alkalines are a horrible choice for any high power electronics. The best performance is achieved with batteries better suited for high current loads, such as lithium primaries, or NiMH cells. In your light, they will be brighter, and last much longer. They are also MUCH cheaper to use in the long run.

StarHalo

Flashaholic
As Marduke noted, alkalines sag under load in a high-drain device, stick with NiMHs and Energizer Lithiums.

Now go get a 14500 Li-Ion cell and redo the comparison with your friend, see if he can figure out how yours is brighter..

fenix-rules

Newly Enlightened
thanks guys, i really appreciate the help. im going to fry's tonight and getting a but load of lithiums :twothumbs

Gunner12

Flashaholic
A cheaper way would be to buy good rechargeable batteries. They hold up much better then alkalines under load and have almost the same output as a light powered by a Lithium AA(for most lights including the Fenix lights).

Marduke

Flashaholic
could you recommend some good rechargables?:poke:
please

General purpose for nearly EVERYTHING... Eneloops.

I honestly don't get the people recommending 14500's right off the bat. Jumping into Li-Ion's with 0 rechargeable experience/discipline is just asking for a :poof: