2 D or not 2 D? That is the question.

E2E4ME

Newly Enlightened
I've recently noticed that in my E2E's owners manual there is a sentence stating the E2E puts out as much light as a 2 D cell flashlight. On the inside of the box is a sticker which says the E2E is brighter than a 5 D cell flashlight. Which is truer? Both?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's closer to the 5D... It's definately much brighter than a typical 2D, brighter than a 3C.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
the surefire manuals usually have some typographical errors...the comparison with the 2D flashlight probably refers to the E1/E1e /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

signals

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
E2E4ME said:
I've recently noticed that in my E2E's owners manual there is a sentence stating the E2E puts out as much light as a 2 D cell flashlight. On the inside of the box is a sticker which says the E2E is brighter than a 5 D cell flashlight. Which is truer? Both?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought an e2e last weekend (MY first Surefire!) and I noticed that too. Pretty strange. I guess I figure it's as bright as it is, and what the sticker/manual says doesn't really matter much. It absolutely wastes my 2D Mag in absolute light output though... Although, the Mag does throw farther.

-Kevin

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
maybe it is refering to the lower output lamp assembly? that woud be more similar to the 2d... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif