Anyone ever order from Opticsplanet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found a ICON Rogue 1 at Opticsplanet.net for $37.99. I'm interested in buying it,but before I pull the metaphorical trigger...How reliable of a store is Opticsplanet?
Update: I just ordered my new ICON Rogue 1. I picked the Icon Green color,since I wanted something easy to find,also hard to lose.

(Sorry for the year-old edit... but I looked back through my emails and found out I received my Icon Rogue 1 on Feb.13,2009.)

Last edited:

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Prices can't be beat, free shipping on most if not all items. Slow customer service if you need them though and sometimes things are listed as in stock when its in fact out of stock.

ICUDoc, maybe you would know..I want to purchase some Quikclot from them, I know its for professional only but how hard can it be? The sport version is marketed to the active crowd.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Yes, got my Leica Rangefinder from them. Worked out perfectly. Always use a credit card, and you have protection from anywhere.

ICUDoc

Enlightened
Sorry V8TOYTRUCK- I have no experience with that stuff. For me, haemostasis is about opening the wound and tying or burning the bleeder, otherwise just pressure and a pad. If I get the chance I'll ask one of the first-responder guys downstairs....

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
How long does it usually take for a backordered item to ship from Opticsplanet?

(If the mods need to split this to the Marketplace..go right ahead,I don't mind.)

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've ordered several Pelican cases through them. Excellent prices. The catch is that many items are not stocked, even if the say they are. Out of the 6 Pelican cases I ordered, 4 were back ordered. I pointed out to them that their site indicated that the items were STILL in stock, even as they were communicating to me about the back order. They just said "oh well, things happen". I wasn't thrilled about that. I just wish people would be more honest. If it is not in stock, say so. The prices were good enough to wait for. I just don't like being deceived.

dko3tgk

Newly Enlightened
I've ordered several Pelican cases through them. Excellent prices. The catch is that many items are not stocked, even if the say they are. Out of the 6 Pelican cases I ordered, 4 were back ordered. I pointed out to them that their site indicated that the items were STILL in stock, even as they were communicating to me about the back order. They just said "oh well, things happen". I wasn't thrilled about that. I just wish people would be more honest. If it is not in stock, say so. The prices were good enough to wait for. I just don't like being deceived.

Exactly. I wish I had read this thread earlier. I ordered 6 items from them. Decent prices and free shipping. None were listed as out of stock. Then as soon as I order, 3 of 6 are magically out of stock. But only after they tell me, the website item listing still remains the same and no mention of out of stock. 11 calendar days later, still no change in stock. This is the kind of poor online business practice that people should be aware of and avoid.

CPF members make sure you know this before ordering with them.

Tempest UK

Flashlight Enthusiast
They're an authorised ICON dealer, and I see no reason not to trust them.

Good choice of light and colour! The ICON green really is nice; pictures don't do it justice.

Discussion of the dealer itself might be better suited to the Dealer's Corner on CPFMP, though.

Regards,
Tempest

jefflrrp

Newly Enlightened
Ive used Opticsplanet for a small Maxpedition order. I would use them again in a heartbeat.

Kestrel

Flashaholic
And another vote for them here: A set of Leupold binoculars, great price, free shipping, arrived as scheduled, no problems.

As this thread originated back in Feb 2009, I certainly hope that AMD64Blondie has rec'd his item by now. ;)
How long does it usually take for a backordered item to ship from Opticsplanet?

pwatcher

Enlightened
I've used them several times with always good service.

Only thing I finally discovered is their prices aren't always what they seem.

When I checked list prices around the internet on most things, I found suggested list prices were lower than what Opticsplanet said "regular" price was. So their "sale" prices aren't necessarily saving you as much as they say.

Just shop around a little on price, I'd say. But otherwise don't worry about using them to get what you pay for, and usually very promptly too.

chef4850

Enlightened
I order a couple "in stock" very common items from them about a month ago and I have just cancled both my orders last week. They kept telling me that the items would be in stock in a day or so but that never happened. I am not "bad mouthing" OP just sharing my experiance.

Chef

dko3tgk

Newly Enlightened
I order a couple "in stock" very common items from them about a month ago and I have just cancled both my orders last week. They kept telling me that the items would be in stock in a day or so but that never happened. I am not "bad mouthing" OP just sharing my experiance.

Chef

My thoughts exactly. I placed my 6 item order on March 11. Its now the end of day on March 26 and the order is still missing 2 of the 6 items and its over 2 weeks later. So two full weeks and order still not shipped due to backordered items.

My guess is that they don't that house much of their own stock at all and just order it as customer orders come in. Again, listing items as in stock when they aren't, on a large scale, is bad business.

Sure they answer emails fast enough, but they just say stuff is backordered. Seems like standard practice for this outfit based on the other posts in this thread.

EPVQ30

Newly Enlightened
fast forward 9 years and I am not a happy customer. the eagtac torch i ordered last night said it would ship in 16 to 26 days way over my time limit. i called to cancel the order and the kept 9 of my 80 dollars. i guess i got off cheap since the reviews I read after the fact were horror stories. So i guess their business practice has actually worsened in 9 years. consumer beware!!

Empath

Flashaholic
Current situations should be approached in a current manner. This ten year old thread is dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.