mte p7-d vs. p7-c

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
arrrgh... i hate to ask but there is a $37 mte p7-c which i am leaning towards and also a mte p7-d on dx that is $47. both claim to be 900 lumens (i know it will be more like 400-500) but only the p7-d mentions 2800 mah. however in the reviews it seems like everybody that measures them is getting similiar measurements around 2amps or so. only one person mentioned funky beam on the p7-c.

do you guys have any idea why a guy might want to spend the extra $10 on the p7-d. they both use c bin p7's.

thanks for the help, i've been searching and searching for the answer in other p7 threads and have not seen any discussion comparing these two lights to each other.

Marduke

Flashaholic
It depends on when the C-bin light was added. The old C bin encompassed the current C bin, AND the D bin, which is where they got the "900 lumen" claim, which was the top of the 700-900lm of the old C bin, even though almost all of them were from the bottom of the bin in the 700 range.

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's the same MTE I have, P7-D is the model name not the actual emitter. Read the description closely to be sure, mine is very bright but is C-bin, not D.

Edit: You already knew that, didn't read your post close enough.

I bought it because it's 5 modes /w memory and looked good.

jasonsmaglites

Enlightened
yea but i wonder if it's worth $10 more than the p7-c. probably too late, as i already ordered it but if anyone knows anything pipe up. thanks