Just got my new JetBeam Element E3P

yalskey

Enlightened
I wouldn't really consider this a review, but more so a journal of my initial impressions / reactions to this new light. Plus, it doesn't have beam shots, runtime graphs, etc.

So this thing is a bit bigger than I imagined... maybe a bit too big for me to EDC but your may feel different. I currently EDC a Nitecore D10 and the E3P is significantly bigger than that, both in length and diameter. Anyways, sorry to go on about the size, but I had just imagined something a bit more slim and small. I put it side by side with my Peak Kilimanjaro SS and the JetBeam dwarfs it.

This light is all about slick style. If you are trying to use it for utilitarian "dirty-hands" work, it's going to slip and slide... much less trying to turn the head from high to low. That being said, it is a tough little bugger. I wonder how tough the guts / electronics / switch mechanism are. My last JetBeam (Jet-II) was a real cool mini-thrower, but that darn clicky gave out after a couple dozen clicks. I guess that's why I got my Peak. Also... anti-roll... forget about it :)... this thing will roll like a wheel. Not a utility light, but it never was trying to be.

Output on this cool torch stands up to my D10 pretty well. Side by side comparisons in a pitch black room show that the D10's hotspot is a bit larger than the E3P. The E3P seems a bit brighter and tighter than the D10. The spill seems about the same brightness and size as the D10. Since I like a bit more floody lights for an EDC, I give the slight edge to the D10.

However, I LOVE the simple UI on the E3P. It's just like my old Fenix L1T. Yes I know all the arguments about the D10's UI. Some people say it's too complex, some say it's as simple as you want it. It is a very inventive UI, but I've had personal difficulties with it. I'll save the explanation for later.

The metal button clicky feels pretty good to me. It does have a good bit of travel on it. And I can't help but wonder if I'm pressing a metal button over a plastic peg switch... that would suck, but I don't put it past JetBeam to do that.

Anyways... I like the JetBeam E3P so far. It seems like a quality light. It has good output and a great simple UI.

I also want to give BugOutGearUSA some props. They gave me the CPF discount (code: cpfjet) and they shipped it ultra fast. I ordered late Friday night, and it was in my hands Monday morning. I just picked the slowest shipping too, so that was awesome.

Just thought I would share this experience with my fellow CPF'ers!!!

Last edited:

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered a Jetbeam Element E3P too, looks like a nice sleek light with good output and runtime.

Thanks for the heads up

Latest posts