How low is low on LumaPower LM33

Bernie O

Newly Enlightened
Hi, I am thinking about buying a LumaPower LM33.

And I would like to know how low, low is using a cr123a (primary).

Yes, I did do a search but could not find a number of lumens or even a percent of high.

Could someone help ?

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Hello Bernie,

The LM33 is a pretty nice little light and especially for the sale price at Battery Junction. If I can remember to bring mine to work tomorrow I can do a light meter reading for you comparing the two but I would say that it's about 1/2-1/3 as bright in my incredibly unscientific opinion. The Lm 33 doesn't come with a clip or the ability to easily attach the light to a key chain so they are detractors in my opinion but it does come with a lanyard and a holster, please check with your retailer's website on this information.

The LM33 sat dormant on my dresser with a few others in my collection until my last backpacking trip and I found that by slipping the "D-Ring" on the holster through my load lifter straps, I always have a bright light right over my shoulder whenever the need arises. Lighthound sells a clip that could possibly be attached if you were so inclined. Just to let you know there is an inverse square law in regards to lumens which from what I recall states that a light must double it's output to notice any appreciable difference in brightness.

Not exactly the information that you were looking for but I hope that it helps.

Do you know how low you would like the Lumens to go on your light or any specific task that you would like to do with the low?

Bernie O

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Saabgoblin

Thanks for the info.

I belt carry so no clip is not a problem.

I do not plan to use this light on the nightstand, so a super low is not required. I am looking for long run time. Half power would be nice. At least 12 lumens for around the house works for me.

Bernie O

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
My LM33 is about as bright, perhaps just slightly less, than my L1T v2.0 on low, which is rated by Fenix at 16 lumens.

I'm honestly not sure about the runtime, though. BateryJunction's specs say 4 hours on low, while LumaPower's specs I saw said 8 hours. The 8 seems more reasonable, but who knows?

Anyway, a nice little light, particularly now that it's on sale.

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Having trouble locating a trustworthy light meter but the low is low enough for reading if not a little too bright and I found that the high was perfect for illuminating an area to hang a bear bag. That being said, I wouldn't say that the LM33 is a throw monster but it is quite good at lighting up a broad area in the woods. If I can find a reliable light meter I will update this information for you.

Not a bad little light if you are alright with the lack of a clip and other issues that I mentioned before.

Latest posts