NEXTORCH - 300 m long-shot E6        

Thread: New to this site and after combing through the great posts, here is what i bought....

Default New to this site and after combing through the great posts, here is what i bought....

I have purchased the Surefire E2DL with the diffuser as well as the Fenix SS LD01 from batteryjunction.com (thanks for the coupon code i found in one of the posts!!!). I plan on using the E2DL outdoors such as when i go mountain climbing, hiking, or anything in the backcountry. With the durability and weatherproofnessof the surefire brand as well as the throwing ability of this light plus the flooding capability with the diffuser attached, i believe it will serve me very well outdoors. I plan on keeping the LD01 with me at all times on my keychain as my EDC. Now the hard part......waiting for the actual delivery of my lights!!!

Thanks guys
    Last edited by ERdiesel; 02-03-2009 at 04:54 PM.

Default Re: New to this site and after combing through the great posts, here is what i bought

Welcome to CPF, ERdiesel. Enjoy your new flashlights.
    Retired engineer, author. Running Linux.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: New to this site and after combing through the great posts, here is what i bought

You did great! Excellent Choices! You're off to a great start.

Quote Originally Posted by StandardBattery View Post
    You did great! Excellent Choices! You're off to a great start.
    Agreed. I think you'll be happy.

I hope your wallet is generous. This isn't the end!

I've bought 4 within 1 - 1 1/2 months and plan on buying 3 or 4 before Feb. is over.

After that I'll just be collecting (my excuse).

Enlightened

What diffuser did you get for the E2DL? I did not see one listed on SF's website that works for this light. (I'm a newbie also --forgive me if my question is dumb).

Flashaholic*

Good start.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpcfl View Post
    What diffuser did you get for the E2DL? I did not see one listed on SF's website that works for this light. (I'm a newbie also --forgive me if my question is dumb).

I got the F04 from Surefire, according to a number of threads I read on this site, the F04 should fit the E2DL

http://www.batteryjunction.com/surefire-f04.html

Wink2 Re: New to this site and after combing through the great posts, here is what i bought

an LDO1 is always on my keychain. it's great! if you get a lobster claw (or similar clip) and attach it on your keychain, you can detach your LDO1 (using the split ring it comes with) for easy use. the clip doesn't add much bulk. i keep a nitecore ex10 on my hip (via L1D FENIX holster) as well; my favorite. the user interface is awesome! it's always good to keep a spare battery in your pocket, too. you never know how much juice is left in your torch. don't want to get caught in the dark. happy lighting!!

Great choices both of them. Enjoy your new lights!

Enlightened

Nice choice! Welcome and enjoy your new light

The F04 will work great on the E2DL, I have both and can confirm that for you. Great pair of lights you just bought, you will be amazed when you first fire them up!
    EDC: Ra Clicky 100WWCn/ Muyshondt Aeon
    Other Favorites: Surefire LX2/Eagletac M2XC4/ DBS V2 1S-R2, MC-E

KUDOS!! Enjoy your lights. If I were in the market for a primary only light the E2DL would be at the TOP of my list. Its a GREAT light, small lightweight and severely under-rated. Im going to guess its in the 180+L neighborhood. That diffuser really transforms it into a smooth wall of light
    CLICK HERE for my flashlight reviews.
    PAUL KIM... AN INDUSTRY GENIUS