New to this site and after combing through the great posts, here is what i bought....

ERdiesel

Newly Enlightened
I have purchased the Surefire E2DL with the diffuser as well as the Fenix SS LD01 from batteryjunction.com (thanks for the coupon code i found in one of the posts!!!). I plan on using the E2DL outdoors such as when i go mountain climbing, hiking, or anything in the backcountry. With the durability and weatherproofnessof the surefire brand as well as the throwing ability of this light plus the flooding capability with the diffuser attached, i believe it will serve me very well outdoors. I plan on keeping the LD01 with me at all times on my keychain as my EDC. Now the hard part......waiting for the actual delivery of my lights!!!

Thanks guys

Last edited:

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope your wallet is generous. This isn't the end!

I've bought 4 within 1 - 1 1/2 months and plan on buying 3 or 4 before Feb. is over.

After that I'll just be collecting (my excuse).

Kenpcfl

Newly Enlightened
What diffuser did you get for the E2DL? I did not see one listed on SF's website that works for this light. (I'm a newbie also --forgive me if my question is dumb).

burntoshine

Enlightened
an LDO1 is always on my keychain. it's great! if you get a lobster claw (or similar clip) and attach it on your keychain, you can detach your LDO1 (using the split ring it comes with) for easy use. the clip doesn't add much bulk. i keep a nitecore ex10 on my hip (via L1D FENIX holster) as well; my favorite. the user interface is awesome! it's always good to keep a spare battery in your pocket, too. you never know how much juice is left in your torch. don't want to get caught in the dark. happy lighting!!

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
The F04 will work great on the E2DL, I have both and can confirm that for you. Great pair of lights you just bought, you will be amazed when you first fire them up! :D

kramer5150

Flashaholic
KUDOS!! Enjoy your lights. If I were in the market for a primary only light the E2DL would be at the TOP of my list. Its a GREAT light, small lightweight and severely under-rated. Im going to guess its in the 180+L neighborhood. That diffuser really transforms it into a smooth wall of light