Which Fenix lights can take rechargeables?

flip

Enlightened
Which Fenix lights can take rechargeables? I'm sure I have seen a list here that had each of the Fenix lights listed that could use a rechargeable battery but I can't find it now. :confused:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
IIRC all of them can use their respective rechargeable battery. The P2D/PD20 will loose lower outputs with a normal RCR123(not with a 3.0v one from what I hear), so will the L1D/LD10 with a 14500. Don't use 2 14500s with the L2D/LD20(should be common sense, it uses a boost, not buck circuit). Warranty void if you use a 10440 with the L0D/LD01, E01 and other AAA lights(5mm/nichia ones aren't meant for 10440). I think those are the only "restrictions".

Correct me if I'm wrong.

Marduke

Flashaholic
They all can take rechargeables of the appropriate chemistry.

It might help if you told us more specifically which models/battery format you were most interested in.

flip

Enlightened
I don't own any Fenix lights and I think I need to fix that problem. I think I am mainly interested in lights that use 1xRCR123 batteries.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Fenix P1D Q5 that I sometimes run on a 3.7 V RCR123A cell. However, the higher voltage forces the light into turbo brightness until the battery is substantially depleted.

For the alkaline-powered Fenix lights, you can drop in the equivalent NiMH rechargeable cell and get equal or superior output with no loss of function.

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have used the lower voltage rechargeable LiFe CR123 sized cells to keep the low settings. The low is higher than normal, but still low. This is a problem in single cell lights.

In the 2 cell CR123 models things work better, but the low is still a bit higher than normal with the higher voltage rechargeables.

The NiMH AA works great in the AA model lights.