Fenix LD01

farmer17

Newly Enlightened
I've bought a bunch of cheap lights lately and think I'll take the leap and buy my first Fenix. Just wanting to know what to expect so how much smaller and brighter is the Fenix LD01 over my Tank 007 single AAA light?

diff_lock2

Newly Enlightened
I wouldn't think the LD01 is much brighter. Also its a twisty, and the lower modes have some pretty low PWM. Size, the LD01 should be shorter, but not by much.

If your tank 007 is working fine, and puts out a good beam, I would stick with it. The LD01 wouldn't be too much better.

Consider a D10/EX10 (Nightcore) for a small flashlight. I read that the new ones have a better UI and more efficient leds.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may use the LD01 with li-ion and it will be like 3 times brighter than your Tank007. The most important thing here is not brightness but reliability and quality, this is something you will realize with the past of time. I highly recommend saving up money and buy higher quality lights, you get what you pay for.

snakyjake

Enlightened
You may also consider the LiteFlux 2... I don't have it, so can't give you a comparison.

I have the Fenix LD01 and I like the light for its size, output, and runtime. However, there's not a big enough difference between the 3 modes of brightness. Sorta wish for economy mode, and the 80 lumen mode. I use rechargeable batteries, so runtime is not a big deal to me. I also decided I don't like twisties because I don't like using two hands to operate the light, although I like the size of the twisty better than a clickie. Now that I'm seeing piston (Nitecore) and something like the LiteFlux 3..., those will be my next lights. I hope to see a piston or LiteFlux LF3XT type AAA light.

Since you already have a AAA light, you may want to consider a CR123 or AA light just to have more options.

Jake