Absolute smallest single AA LED light

Southernlight

Enlightened
Hi,

I am curious as to what could be the smallest single AA LED light? Smallest size in all directions.

I suspect the Nitecore D10 would be close but is there anything smaller? I have no other criteria, it can be single mode etc etc. I suspect it will be a twisty? :shrug:

I dont really need to buy one just a thread to see what comes up. :naughty:

paulr

Flashaholic
That's the new (Gerber) version but the old CMG is about the same size.

The Zebralight H50 is smaller than either.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I think the old Arc AA was a bit smaller than the CMG Infinity. Don't have them in front of me now to be sure. But, like paulr says, "The Zebralight H50 is smaller than either".

Geoff

Illumination

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suspect the Nitecore D10 would be close but is there anything smaller? I have no other criteria, it can be single mode etc etc. I suspect it will be a twisty?

The D10 is smaller than clickies, but definitely not the smallest.

I agree twistys will be the smallest. Peak has some very small AA lights...but only in the "Pocket" version. The ones with a key chain attachment are much bigger. I dont know if they make AA lug bodies; if they do, they will be also fairly small.

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Peak Pacific with pocket tube body is one of the smallest higher powered AA lights.

HKJ

Flashaholic
I will also say that the Zebralight is the smallest AA light, none of my other AA lights come close to that size:

DSC_3193.jpg

lebox97

Enlightened
lol
as they say - a picture is worth a thousand words!
:twothumbs

I'm guessing the original CMG would be the next smallest after the H50... BUT, now we need to talk about differences in output and capability? (high output vs long runtimes vs regulation, etc)

so why are you asking about smallest? :thinking:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, the Zebralight is the smallest I have seen, so far. The next up is the ARC AA at 76mm then the CMG infinity at a couple of millimetres taller.

Nice picture too HKJ!

Be lucky...

Furzork

Newly Enlightened
Here's another picture comparison.
D10, Gerber Infinity Ultra, original CMG Infinity, Peak Pacific brass "pocket" body, Arc-AA, Zebralight H50. The Peak Pacific is just barely shorter than the Infinity.
aa.jpg

balou

Enlightened
Ok... could we get that in list form? (please add to it)

Proton Pro 92mm
Nitecore D10 - 89mm
Jetbeam C-LE - 85mm
CMG Infitiy - 81mm*
Arc AA - 76mm*
Zebralight H50 - 66.5mm

*out of production

So... are there any other ultrasmall, still-in-production, not-anglehead flashlights? I'd really like something the size of the H50 but with out-front beam :D