Where can I find blue reflective tape

Optik49

Enlightened
I'm looking for some good "blue" reflective tape to rap around a light without spending a fortune. I either find DOT approved tape which is great but very expensive or places that want to sell large quantities. Anyone have any suggestions?

hurricane

Newly Enlightened
Try marine supply stores. They'll most likely have SOLAS approved retro-reflective tape [silver in colour], but they may have something that works [i.e. blue]. Try West Marine [they're online], they're one of the biggest marine retailers.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Thank you for that link, louie.

:thumbsup:

And, to the Original Poster --

Notice this line, from that excellent Link:

The order of decreasing brightness is silver, gold, flour. yellow, fluor. orange, orange, red, green, and blue.

Just wanted to bring that to your attention.

_

scout24

Flashaholic
I have some here at work- depending on how much you need, i could cut pieces to fit in an envelope and just mail you some. It's for decals and lettering, from 3M. PM and let me know...
Greg

MichaelW

Flashlight Enthusiast
Why blue? as a punitive measure to people who have HID headlights?

The high intensity is easier to cut perpendicularly due to the triangular pattern.
Engineer grade is more for arts and crafts. -I was supposed to get a tape splitter and split 6" in two, and apply to the back side of the vertical blinds.

Optik49

Enlightened
I had white/silver in the past but it is going on my duty light(s) so I want blue. I also think it will stay cleaner.

stanconway

Newly Enlightened
I have used several blue reflective tapes on my work truck and bike. For my truck I used dark blue and red applied using 45 degree slants alternating. 2" wide tape. I have used several types but the brightest I have used is an Oralite product. AP1000. I got the last batch at https://www.tapedealer.com . Good luck. Stan

Burgess

Flashaholic
FYI --

USA company known as Reflexite,
is now known as ORAFOL.

Totally * SUPER EXCELLENT * products !

:twothumbs
_

jeff51

Newly Enlightened
Do a search on Amazon.. Lots of choices and some nifty designs. Shipped and sold by Amazon, so you could return it if you don't like it. Some people seem to be getting knock-offs of the 3m brand.