New version of Nitecore EX10/D10

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seeing how wildly successful these lights were/are, has anyone heard if there is any plan for an updated version? Maybe a lower low, warmer emitters, etc.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
If there is I hope they make it stronger.
The bezel ring on mine broke off and the head threads where the bezel screws in is shreding almost daily..one set of threads at a time..:sigh::shakehead
The ring is sharp as hell now!:sick2:

I swaped the Cree in mine for a Q3 5A and the color rendering is the best I have ever seen from an LED.:naughty:

I considered the Ti bodies but will just be buying a host body/head/bezel from someone who gets a Ti. one.

I like the low, but lower would be even better.
And a higher high.

Overall I enjoy it and have EDCed it since I bought it.
I really hope it lasts longer after replacing the body parts.
It's one of the VERY few non-surefire lights I own.

001-25.jpg

Last edited:

octaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
If there is I hope they make it stronger.
The bezel ring on mine broke off and the head threads where the bezel screws in is shreding almost daily..one set of threads at a time..:sigh::shakehead
The ring is sharp as hell now!:sick2:

I swaped the Cree in mine for a Q3 5A and the color rendering is the best I have ever seen from an LED.:naughty:

I considered the Ti bodies but will just be buying a host body/head/bezel from someone who gets a Ti. one.

I like the low, but lower would be even better.
And a higher high.

Overall I enjoy it and have EDCed it since I bought it.
I really hope it lasts longer after replacing the body parts.
It's one of the VERY few non-surefire lights I own.

001-25.jpg

What did you do with your light?
or what happened to your light? :sssh:

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used it!

Thats it.

I felt this small ring in my pocket one day and could'nt figure out where it can from.

I went to wipe the lens clean and damn near cut a hole in my finger through the cloth I was using. It cut a perfect circle out of it.

After that it has just been falling apart...thread by thread...

I hope the new bezel is thicker and the head threads stronger.

Its actually one of my most used lights.

mr.snakeman

Enlightened
I used it!

Thats it.

I felt this small ring in my pocket one day and could'nt figure out where it can from.

I went to wipe the lens clean and damn near cut a hole in my finger through the cloth I was using. It cut a perfect circle out of it.

After that it has just been falling apart...thread by thread...

I hope the new bezel is thicker and the head threads stronger.

Its actually one of my most used lights.
Why not go with the Ti bezel that russtang sells (I´d post a link if I only knew how to :(. It´s in the CPF market place under "dealers" ). It looks a lot beefier than the origional.

Last edited:

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
In your place I'd smooth that bezel out with a grinder.

Then again, the one you now have probably works better as an assault bezel than many with crowns :p

Crenshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
something like a low mode...like the "find me" from the safelights would be awsome!

but one cant have everything...i would actually just like a slimmer version of the Ex10...

If anyone is interested, there is a group buy for Q3 5As going on that needs about 19 more people to get of the ground......:whistle:

Crenshaw

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got excited reading the thread title until.... :laughing:
Only exciting blurp is the R2 version :shrug:

Moonshadow

Enlightened
Did it physically break off or just work its way loose ?

I'm just wondering what could have exerted enough force / torque on it to cause the damage on the photo - were you using it with a holster ?

jblackwood

Enlightened
How long have you had it? Have you tried contacting either the retailer you got it from (4sevens?) or nitecore themselves? I have a D10, myself, but I can't imagine this is common and must fall under warranty repair.

Fallingwater

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd like a new version with revised firmware so that going to high mode won't make the light forget the user-set one. I'm surprised there aren't more people complaining about this - it's an absolute deal-breaker for me.

EDcLED

Newly Enlightened
I'd like a new version with revised firmware so that going to high mode won't make the light forget the user-set one. I'm surprised there aren't more people complaining about this - it's an absolute deal-breaker for me.

D10 Osram is my favorite light because of beam quality, size, and slip resistance of the gnurling and the short throw switch. But I get irritated having to reset a brightness level after going on high. Why not one memory seting adjusted by twisting the head and one maximum setting just by pressing and holding for a time? so first press enables memory, press hold enables max output, next press off. IMO that would be percect interface. Cant wait till it comes out.

Lite_me

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I never realized how much this feature, or lack of it, bothered me until I got the LiteFlux LF3XT. The LF3XT has the programmability to have a UI just like the EX10 but doesn't loose it's user mode setting when using the shortcuts to Hi or Lo. It's so much nicer not having to reset that every time after needing to jump to Hi or Lo. It gets to be a pain.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
To answer the questions asked...

I have no idea how the bezel ring broke.
It was apparently very thin.

As for just buying a Ti bezel....the threads that the bezel screws into are ripping off piece by piece. I have probably lost two rows of threads so far. I also can not grind down the remaining bezel ring unless I never plan to take it apart again....which is not the case.

Buying the new head and bezel is the only way to go beside contacting nitecore.

The tolerances were just too thin and would break eventually, so hopefully there is more meat on the newer body/head/bezel.

cheetokhan

Enlightened
4Sevens addressed this issue a while back in another thread about a broken EX10. As I recall, he stated that the very first set sold had tubes machined too thin. Later versions are thicker. He also said that he would take care of anyone that had this issue.

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
4Sevens addressed this issue a while back in another thread about a broken EX10. As I recall, he stated that the very first set sold had tubes machined too thin. Later versions are thicker. He also said that he would take care of anyone that had this issue.

Thank you for that!
I will contact them tomorrow to see what they can do.
That is where I bought it.:grin2: