Cool new 2009 Energizer 1AA Trailfinder Micro

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just saw a really cool new 2009 tiny headlamp. It is the Energizer Trailfinder Micro that uses a Cree LED and two 5mm red LED's in a very small front mount configuration. It has a 1AA battery holder on the back for very small balanced wear. It also can be ramped for brightness. I cannot find any additional info or pictures on the light though.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
That looks pretty slick. Too bad the battery's not in the head, so you could take off the band and use it as a pocket light. I didn't really need another headlamp now anyway.

Geoff

darklord

Newly Enlightened
Too bad the battery's not in the head, so you could take off the band and use it as a pocket light.
Geoff

Yeah, it's a toss up for them, I guess. But for running and 'fast' sports, battery at the back provides much better balance. Even a small weight up fron can induce 'wobble' on your forehead if you're running. A 3AAA all-in-one lamp can bounce around quite irritatingly.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks nice, might want one with L91 to use as a spare:D

Anyplace carry them yet?

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't seen anyone carrying them yet. I'd count on Bright Guy having them when they're available though.
Nice find, I like it. I agree that the back mounted battery may be a bit of a pain, but overall this looks like a winner for lightweight compact headlamps. Great for a first aid kit or BoB or just ultralight travel in general.
Definitely one to keep an eye on. :twothumbs

edc3

Enlightened
Nice! Looks very interesting. I was saving up for a Zebralight, but if this comes it at a good price, the dimming feature might cinch it for me.

f22shift

Flashlight Enthusiast
it's funny that this comes out. when i was eagerly waiting for the h50, the rayovac 1aa came out and i never got the zebra.

now that i'm waiting for the h501?, this comes out to tempt me. i think i'll still get the zebra this time around but if this is priced right i will get one of these too.

it would be great to be able to swap for a q3-5a led if possible for a better outdoor headlamp(color rendition). the zebra will not be modable i'm presuming.

dblagent

Newly Enlightened
Great find, I want one myself! My exact purpose was just posted, first aid bag and bob use. Plus maybe even edc in my laptop bag with my other edc carry stuff.

Hope someone has this for sale soon.

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
pretty cool, looks good for easy use, but not hard core use since the wires look pretty thin and are exposed all the way around...

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
If regulated I like it. If not this is a no go. Would like a 1XAA with some more throw than the Zebralight however have came to use the Zebralight more than my other headlamps.

edc3

Enlightened
Never mind. I was reading a press release from 2008.

Last edited:

nzbazza

Enlightened
This HL is the first Energiser HL that I'm interested in, I like the variable brightness (hope the PWM is of sufficiently high frequency) and the red leds and 1AA. Like a lot of recent announcments...
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

regulator

Flashlight Enthusiast
Who is selling this light and for how much? Its not even listed on the Energizer home site.

Latest posts