HDS Systems        

Thread: SOLD! FS: Another Titanium Nitecore D10 (#5) SOLD!

Default SOLD! FS: Another Titanium Nitecore D10 (#5) SOLD!

SOLD! This is the last one I have. I kept this one for myself, but my financial situation forces me to sell it. As with the others, it's the Cree version. Made from Ti 6AL-4V with flawless fit & finish. $300 shipped to the CONUS. $10 more for overseas. Paypal to jhankoatcomcastdotnet. Thanks,

Jeff SOLD!
    Last edited by jhanko; 05-31-2009 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Sold

Flashaholic*

Default Re: FS: Another Titanium Nitecore D10 (#5)

I'll take it if it's still available.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorphous View Post
    I'll take it if it's still available.
    Ray,
    It's yours if you want it!

Wow great price!!!

Flashaholic

Is this one gone? I love mine so much I may need another! I love the size and build of this one. It is nice and thin to fit in the pocket yet yet powerful enough to be a primary EDC.

Flashaholic*

Jeff, Thanks for taken my suggestion, your mod looks fabulous.
    Folks, we have an awesome moddler/builder here in CPF!!!

Flashaholic

Just wait until you handle this-- an awesome light!!!

Payment received. Thanks! It's going out right now with a little surprise. Hope you don't mind...

Default Re: SOLD! FS: Another Titanium Nitecore D10 (#5) SOLD!

Will you be making more of these in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Nephiel View Post
    Will you be making more of these in the future?
    Yes, I will have 3 more done in about 1 week. I have several on pre-order with 4 Sevens, as they are on back order. These three will be loaded with tritium..

very nice, will there be any with GD emitter? and idea of price?

Gosh, the new one pictured would make any resistance due to the weak pound and Credit Crunch crumble.
    The trits and the way the top of the bezel is finished make this my favourite to date, although they're all beautiful.

Would you consider doing the smaller CR123 version (is it the E10) as well?
    We are all flotsam and jetsam being carried by a relentless tide towards our ultimate fate!

Flashaholic

I so love mine that I bought from JHanko, but now I want the tritium one! These are fabulous lights! Heck, I wouldn't mind getting another! You just can't go wrong with these. The workmanship is over the top excellent! I still handle mine all the time-- more than any other light, and that says a lot considering I own some nice lights from some top makers. I hope he makes some other mods in titanium-- I will be the first in line!

Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post
    Gosh, the new one pictured would make any resistance due to the weak pound and Credit Crunch crumble.
    The trits and the way the top of the bezel is finished make this my favourite to date, although they're all beautiful.

+1 for a CR123 version. I'd also like to see a simple twisty version and some simple knurling. You do great work!

Yes! Titanium and blue tritium!
    I love the UI, tint, and output modes of my stock D10, but the top of the piston is now as black as the rest of the body, and the anodizing already has a few chips, even though I'm babying it... never dropped it or carried it in a pocket with anything else.

Ti would show wear with more grace, and would not tarnish. Do these include a Ti piston as well, or do they use the stock pistons?

Are they properly isolated to keep the twisty operation?

Quote Originally Posted by olrac View Post
    very nice, will there be any with GD emitter? and idea of price?
    If someone seriously wanted a GD version, I would make it. It really doesn't matter to me. I just personally prefer the Cree, so that's all I have made. I made a GD EX10 a while back and it had a bad blue tint. I haven't bought another GD since. The price is still unsure, but I'm thinking $300 for the base light, $15 for each installed trit vial. The next three lights will have 6 vials in the battery tube and one in the piston. I can put as many as you want in the battery tube (up to ~30). That would probably look like a UFO landing on your nightstand!

Quote Originally Posted by easilyled View Post

Thanks! I made an EX10 before, but won't be making any more. It's just too limiting. The entire length of the body and head has a thin wall. There's no room for tritium or contours of any kind. You're stuck with one shape with knurls or shallow grooves. Even though the D10 is a little longer, the smaller diameter makes it easier in the pocket and there's alot of meat in the battery tube to be creative when machining. Also, the fact that is puts out the same light with cheap, available anywhere AA's makes it a clear winner in my opinion...

Quote Originally Posted by loveit View Post
    I so love mine that I bought from JHanko, but now I want the tritium one! These are fabulous lights! Heck, I wouldn't mind getting another! You just can't go wrong with these. The workmanship is over the top excellent! I still handle mine all the time-- more than any other light, and that says a lot considering I own some nice lights from some top makers. I hope he makes some other mods in titanium-- I will be the first in line!
    Thanks! PM sent...

Quote Originally Posted by bmstrong View Post
    I'd also like to see a simple twisty version and some simple knurling. You do great work!
    I have been thinking about the same thing. It would really cut down the length of the light. Knurling's not going to happen. My machine's just not up to it. Mini-lathe + titanium + knurling =

Quote Originally Posted by Nephiel View Post
    Yes! Titanium and blue tritium!
    I love the UI, tint, and output modes of my stock D10, but the top of the piston is now as black as the rest of the body, and the anodizing already has a few chips, even though I'm babying it... never dropped it or carried it in a pocket with anything else.

Ti would show wear with more grace, and would not tarnish. Do these include a Ti piston as well, or do they use the stock pistons?

Are they properly isolated to keep the twisty operation?
    The piston is the stock one. I can't justify the time & expense of it when the only thing that it comes in contact with is a finger. The piston is isolated and works exactly like it should. If you would like to replace your D10 body, PM me your address and I'll mail you a new one. I have a few laying around.
    Last edited by jhanko; 02-15-2009 at 11:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JHanko View Post
    The piston is the stock one. I can't justify the time & expense of it when the only thing that it comes in contact with is a finger.
    Stock pistons do not like the touch of my fingers I don't know why, but the plating tarnishes like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by JHanko View Post
    If you would like to replace your D10 body, PM me your address and I'll mail you a new one. I have a few laying around.
    That's very nice of you to offer! But I wouldn't know how to take mine apart, it doesn't have a threaded bezel.
    Thanks anyway

I can swap the guts for you Nephiel, or you might want to check out the threads in my sigline for pictures of the disassemble.
    Due to my current schedule being pretty darn hectic, I will not be accepting new modding projects until things settle down.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekno_Cowboy View Post
    I can swap the guts for you Nephiel, or you might want to check out the threads in my sigline for pictures of the disassemble.
    Thanks! The disassembly info is very much appreciated.
    But now I have an EX10Ti on the way, for EDC / bedside table duty
    I'll keep the D10 at home with lithium Energizers for emergencies, where my family will appreciate it for its performance and not for its looks.