New Mini MagLED multi-mode (pictures)

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found these at Fry's today (Sunnyvale, CA) for $21.99.

1001807vc1.jpg

1001827on1.jpg

1001811xj4.jpg

New Mini MagLED (left); Fenix L1T 2.0 Rebel (right)

Modes: High (~40 lm), Low (~10 lm), slow flash, SOS
Resets to high when off for about 3 seconds.

First impressions:

I wasn't too impressed at first, but it seems like a decent light after I've used it for a while. I no longer have my 2006 2AA MagLED, but I think that this one is a bit brighter. It's not a huge step up in brightness like the 2D MagLED is, however.

I bought 2 of these. One has a neutral white tint, while the other is cool white.

rockz4532

Enlightened
OMG!!!! THATS WHAT I WAS WAITING FOR!!!!!!! HOLY !@#$ MULTI MODE?!?!?! :paypal:
Ok getting a bit overenthusiastic there, but i never thought mag would have a multi level, especially for the 2aa, at the same price. i have to pick one of those up this weekend. Im beginning to like Mag even more now, rebels in the LED lights, and multi mode for 2aa. i cant believe they can do this at the same price.

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Cool! A rebel in there, and it also seems like they incorporated the "IQ" technology in there.

For $20 and the Mag name behind them, these may open the doors for a lot of folks entering the LED world.

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems pretty nice, I'm assuming you change modes by twisting on/off? Wonder what the runtime on it is tho.

Cydonia

Enlightened
That's pretty cool I suppose. They would be crazy to keep selling the old incandescent side by side with this new MiniMag.
They have to be phasing the crap old incans out for sure now :devil:

rockz4532

Enlightened
I like it because it's the first semi-decent light in big-name stores. I don't think you find Fenix's on store shelfs do you? Multi mode, quality light for $25? I'm sold on that.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, you change modes by turning on and off like most other multi-mode lights--except that you twist since there's no pushbutton switch.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I wonder if it still has the sharp cut-off when the batteries get down. Reports of this kept me from buying the old 2AA MagLed.

Geoff

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Humm, makes me a bit more interested in Maglites.

I'm glad they are bringing new technology to the public who still think Mags are the best ever.

Wondering about runtime, heatsinking, and how it will be received.

What does it say next to the LED? Looks like 080 or 060.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
HOLY SH*T!!!!! I thought I would be done buying flashlights (which could take decades. LOL) before Mag came out with something new.
Looks like a decent product, especially considering they didn't increase the price.

davidt

Enlightened
I'm impressed. Multimode, around 20 bucks, widely available to the general public.

Finally mag decided to package the new models in a radically different packaging. This should catch people's eyes.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is stopping Mag from jumping into the Cree emitters? I don't think there is not too much technology involved in this.

kavvika

Enlightened
I'm trying to figure out which "extra" mode is worse...*slow* strobe or SOS :banghead:

I'm completely sold on the E1L UI: low first, then high, then click back to low. My, we are a picky bunch arent' we?

However, I'll give them some credit for a step in the right direction. I'll just have to keep buying their incandescent models for use as hosts.