Suggestions...

waurbenyeger

Newly Enlightened
Hi everybody, I'm new to this forum (and flashlights in general) and I come asking for your expertise! First things first - my primary (and only) light is a Coleman 3 AAA. This flashlight is simply too big for me to carry around at times. I'm looking for a 1 AA flashlight with at least a high/low that'll give me the most light for my dollar. I'm looking to spend around $30 (give or take a little) or so on this light -- being that it'll basically be a back up or a "when my pockets are full, I'll bring the 1 AA" type of flashlight.

So far these are a couple I've been checking out:
Ese LZ2
MF DA1

Its main uses are primarily out doors type of stuff (gathering firewood, etc.) so brightness and distance are primary. Any suggestions/reviews/advice would be much appreciated! Thanks!

chaoss

Enlightened
:welcome: Take a look in the reviews section of CPF and read to your hearts content. Your $30 budget is going to really limit your choices on a "nice" AA light but i'm sure that others here will add some great opinions & options.

Last edited:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
3AAA have a similar capacity(slightly more) as 1 AA battery.

Out of the two I'd get the MF DA1. Looking at the specs and reviews for the Ese I think the outputs are better for your use. It's also slightly cheaper and comes with more stuff.

"CPFuser" for 6% off.

:welcome:

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Howdy waurbenyeger and welcome to CPF,
I'll have to 2nd Marduke's suggestion of the Fenix L1T 2.0. It weighs half as much as the stainless steel light you are looking at, and it comes with a lifetime warranty if bought from 4sevens.com (4sevens also gives you 30 days to try the light risk free).