JetBeam M1X -Opinions Please

Flight_Deck

Enlightened
I got one from the first batch and I love it. I replaced my Lumapower MVP 3 x CREE with it, and the MRV had formerly replaced a Wolf-Eyes Thunder that I had. Given these three lights, I think the M1X is clearly the best.

BadHobbit

Newly Enlightened
Beats my Trustfire P7 for tint and throw, beats by Deree DBS V2 MC-E for throw but the Deree has a brighter spill, and has almost as much throw as my Deree DBS V2 R2. My only complaints ... still can't twist the head to access those other modes, and its size is neither fish nor fowl ... way too big for EDC, no easy way to put on a lanyard, too small for a shoulder strap ... but what a BEAUTIFUL beam! Looking forward to more pics of the Legion II.

Megalops

Newly Enlightened
and has almost as much throw as my Deree DBS V2 R2.

I'm a newbie so please pardon my ignorance, but does the DBS V2 R2 really beat the M1X in throw? If so, by how much? I got the M1X and am totally blown away by its throwing ability. If the DBS V2 R2 is noticably better at throwing I may consider getting one.

HKJ

Flashaholic
I'm a newbie so please pardon my ignorance, but does the DBS V2 R2 really beat the M1X in throw? If so, by how much? I got the M1X and am totally blown away by its throwing ability. If the DBS V2 R2 is noticably better at throwing I may consider getting one.

The problem with all MC-E and P7 lights is focusing, they can not focus the beam as tight as a XR-E led.
This makes it possible for a DBS with XR-E to throw further than M1X, but the total light output from the DBS is lower.

neoseikan

Enlightened
Beats my Trustfire P7 for tint and throw, beats by Deree DBS V2 MC-E for throw but the Deree has a brighter spill, and has almost as much throw as my Deree DBS V2 R2. My only complaints ... still can't twist the head to access those other modes, and its size is neither fish nor fowl ... way too big for EDC, no easy way to put on a lanyard, too small for a shoulder strap ... but what a BEAUTIFUL beam! Looking forward to more pics of the Legion II.

More pics, output lumens, runtime are all updated in both CPF and CPFM.
Enjoy them!

BadHobbit

Newly Enlightened
More pics, output lumens, runtime are all updated in both CPF and CPFM.
Enjoy them!

Trying my best to keep my wallet away from your pics and specs ... until next pay day anyway. You're making my lovely M1X beam look more like a mıx (shrunken).:mecry: