Strobe function leads to starvation?

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
The one feature I wasn't very keen on when I got my Olight was the strobe, it seemed like a waste of time to have to bypass it every time I cycled through the levels of my light.
Last night I went to bed early, the wife stayed up after we put the kids down to do her workout on the Wii Fit. I took advantage of that time alone to play with my light, ceiling shots of all three brightness settings, and even the strobe, which I began to enjoy. Before turning it off for the last time I left it on the strobe mode, you know, just in case I had to save the world with my flashlight in the middle of the night.
About 2 am I heard my wife in the washroom, fumbling around in the pitch dark for the sink to wash her hands, the whole time thinking "if she only had a flashlight..". Like a fool, I reached over an picked my Olight back up and when she stepped out of the bathroom I gave her the full strobe effect, between blinks I could see her expression go from confusion to anger as she realized what was happening, and worse yet, who was doing it. It all seemed to be happening in slow motion. Disorientated is not the word for what happened over the next few minutes, at first she was blind (I almost was too) bumping in to everything, door frame, TV stand..
Normally I think that time would be used to fight or run, I just enjoyed the show, I should have ran. After about 20 seconds of watching her it became very clear I was the only person in the room who understood the importance of that test.
She jumped on me (not in a good way), took my Warrior and started swinging it at me, I was still half asleep but laughing hysterically, she wasn't. I took it off the knee twice, heard her throw it randomly across the room, rolled over and hasn't spoke to me since.
Here I sit, lonely, a sore knee and hungry. But at least I got my light back.

Norm

Retired Administrator
:laughing: Great story, had me wondering where you were going with it, liked the ending.

DM51

Flashaholic
LOL, excellent story! Tomorrow night you'll have to see how she reacts to SOS (you'll probably need it!)

pipspeak

Enlightened
and now we have a fun new expression... "last night I strobed the wife".

:D

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
About 2 am I heard my wife in the washroom, fumbling around in the pitch dark for the sink to wash her hands, the whole time thinking "if she only had a flashlight..". Like a fool, I reached over an picked my Olight back up and when she stepped out of the bathroom I gave her the full strobe effect, between blinks I could see her expression go from confusion to anger as she realized what was happening, and worse yet, who was doing it.
Thats hillarious!
icon10.gif

Thanks for sharing.:thumbsup:

saabgoblin

Enlightened
I'll have to buy a few of these for a couple of my friends because from what I hear, their wives haven't jumped them in quite sometime now.:whistle:

ackbar

Enlightened
oh man... you may want to start celebrating Valentines day early this year. Better bump it from a day to a week.

If that fails, sleep with one eye open :p

Toohotruk

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, I've found the strobe function on my Fenix lights are really only good for one thing...irritating the sh*t out of the girlfriend! Works GREAT!!! :thumbsup:

HeadCSO

Enlightened
Thanks for posting the story. Funniest thing I've read for a long time. :twothumbs

Monocrom

Flashaholic
That was one of the funniest stories I've heard in a long time!! lovecpf
You forgot the Platinum Rule.... Happy Wife, happy Life.

Your life and wife are not so happy now. Better pull out all the stops for Valentine's Day. Time to become Mr. Romance.... cause women don't forget the times that we screw up. :D