• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Milky's Purple Urbanator! **Withdrawn**

donn_

Flashaholic
A very unusual light, to say the least. The photos don't show it (maybe it's the blue background), but this is an intense purple cut-down C-Mag. 4x SSC P4 USWOH emitters driven by two discrete circuits for 2-way fault tolerance. If one circuit breaks down, two emitters will still fire, preventing you from being left in the dark. Reflectors are IMS20s and lens is UCL.

IMGP2523.jpg

The light is rated at 400 lumens. It has purposely been tuned down in favor of runtime, and some amazingly long runs can be achieved, on a wide variety of cell choices.

IMGP2524.jpg

This build was designed for the A123Systems 26650 LiFePo4 cell, an extremely safe and strong performing battery chemistry. If you have the cell, and the means to charge it, you'll get about 80 minutes of runtime, with a full charge of 30 minutes or less. If you have the optimal charging equipment, you can recharge, safely, in around 12 minutes.

I'm including everything you need to run the light on a couple of more common chemistry cells as well. With a single AW C Li-Ion, runtime should be just short of 2 hours. With a single AW 18650, runtime will be a bit over an hour. Spacers, tube and scalloped stainless steel short-spring tailcap are included for use with these Li-Ion cells. The original tailcap is for use with the A123 cell, and has the additional feature of reverse polarity protection built in.

IMGP2526.jpg

***************BIGTIME NOTICE******************

Cells must be loaded backwards in this light! No exceptions! The positive terminal of the battery must be aimed at the tailspring.

Withdrawn

If needed, I can provide an AW C Li-Ion, with only a couple of cycles, for $20 + PPI, to the buyer of the light only.

My PM is turned off, so post your interest/questions here, or email me at
email.jpg

That's also my Paypal address.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Guy's Dropper

Enlightened
Re: Milky's Purple Urbanator! Improved and Dirt Cheap!

Needs to get? Since when is a 7th light a 'need'?:duh2:

Very nice light by the way. I would definitely buy it if I had the money. It is exactly the light I have been looking for for a while. Long run time, very reliable, and flexible with battery type.:thumbsup:

Zot

Enlightened

Nice light Donn.

Fuhgetaboudit

Enlightened

I don't think Donn will mind if I try and display the intense purple hue that this light shows off. See pictures below. This one is a real sweet beauty!!

UrbanatorA.jpg

UrbanatorD.jpg