Quick Poll: WG Tint VS. WD Tint (Cree R2)

Which Tint Do You Prefer? (please post why)

• WG Tint

Votes: 20 54.1%
  • WD Tint

Votes: 17 45.9%

• Total voters

gmf2010

Newly Enlightened
I have been debating whether or not I want to purchase my O-Light with the WG tinted emitter (yellow/greenish tint) or the WD tinted emitter (white/blueish tint). I would really appreciate any input as to which tints are preferred by CPF members, as your experiences with these LED lights is unsurpassed, in my opinion.

My standpoint is strictly based on practicality and visibility. I do not care about the aesthetics of the beam tint, I simply want optimal visibility in indoor/outdoor situations.

If you choose to contribute to the poll data, I would appreciate a quick post as to why you chose one option over the other.

Thank you so much.

Last edited:

Greg G

Enlightened
It's a tough call, but I voted for WG since you will use it outdoors some. It's true, the typical WD is a little on the cool side, and I don't like it as much as a good WG or WH outdoors, but it will pass.

The big caveat with a WG is that some of them are really green. *If* the light manufacturer screens out the bad ones, you could end up with a nice tint for outdoor use. Good indoors too.

I have a Tiablo A9 that has a WG that I handpicked out of about 20 or so emitters. No green tint except on low. The light works GREAT outdoors.

gmf2010

Newly Enlightened
Ordered!

Black M20 with OP and Smooth Reflectors, Extra battery holder, and 12 CR123a's.

Can't wait!

Xak

Enlightened
Love my M20 R2-WD. It's nice and white, like a snowball. Reminds me of, and almost matches side by side, the tint of my Amilite Neo T5 with SSC P4. It's white. Period. Nothing blue about it. I would lean a little on the warm side compared to my other Cree type and Q5 LEDs.

I purposely didn't get the other R2 because I didn't want a greenish beam. It would be one thing if it were just slightly warm like the new Inova but from some beam shots I've seen it really was yellowish green.

Yup, I just compared it to my IncinDio, some other cheapo-1x123 Cree, my Amilite T5 (P4), and my Inova T4MP. It is most certainly warmer than the IncinDio, a sliver warmer than the Amilite T5, but certainly cooler than the Inova. I would say it is excactly between the IncinDio and the Inova.

I'm sure you will be pleased either way. It is incredibly bright.

light obsessed

Newly Enlightened
Would you say dereelight is good about thier quality control as far as selecting led tints? I have looked at the dereelight website and I found this at the bottom of the dbs v3 page "R2 available with WD and WG tint, you can note WD or WG in the paypal notes, default send WD". I guess they only offer two tints for the r2 dbs. Am I right?