Is the Tiablo TL-1 a Regal in disguise?

burntoshine

Enlightened
I just got a Tiablo TL-1 in the mail yesterday from 4sevens.com. I thought the battery polarity icon on the battery tube was suspicious. If you look really close, you can see writing underneath it. The first letter looked like a "B" or an "R" to me. After looking at it in different lighting, I was able to see that it says "Regal"! I recognized the name and looked it up. If you look at how "Regal" is written on their flashlights, it looks exactly like how it's hidden on the Tiablo TL-1. You can even see the swoop that's on the left side of the "R". Has anyone else noticed this? Obviously the battery tube (or more parts) was meant to be on a Regal flashlight. What's the deal? anyone?

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh my... :faint:

Maybe this is the answer for the GIANT battery sign. Does Tiablo and Regal flashlights come from the same maker?

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
:crackup:

"Tiablo" has a much more sinister sound to it than "Regal". Can you blame them?!

P.S. Tiablo translated from Chinglish is diablo. I'm getting the hang of this now!

Last edited:

Armed_Forces

Enlightened
Wouldn't it be hilarious if it came to light that ALL of these Chinese flashlights were made by the same company?
I'm still investigating, but I have a strong suspicion that Jerry is the mastermind behind it all.
He is laughing all the way to the bank. :D

burntoshine

Enlightened
:crackup:

"Tiablo" has a much more sinister sound to it than "Regal". Can you blame them?!

haha. yeah, maybe. they should've painted flames coming from the emitter end... and a devil tail lanyard.

i wouldn' be too terribly surprised if all the chinese flashlights were all one company. seems they know how to get our $$$$.

i emailed matt at 4sevens about the "regal"/batt. icon. he says he doesn't know anything about it.

i really like the light though; much more than i thought i would. i bought it because it's odd and the UI is quirky. it's fun! it seems like there's no difference in brightness between 50% and 100%. i realize that it's difficult to discern lumens levels as they get higher; i guess that's why. i don't care though. 100ish lumens is enough for me for that kind of light. (i keep one mode right at 50%) i just like the run time and the options and i wanted another AA light. that "regal" mark is just so weird. someone figure it out for us.

-c'mon tk40!

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wouldn't it be hilarious if it came to light that ALL of these Chinese flashlights were made by the same company? ...
I think that's already been established, they like to work together there. The ones that come out of the flames in good shape get the name Fenix stamped on them. They have a couple of clearing net houses for some of the others and the experiments.

They have enough problems with waste, no sense in throwing away a batch of perfectly good tubes, even recycling uses energy. The High Tech White-Out and the idea to make it look like a battery is pure genius. Since Tiablo sort-of (or literally) went out of business and must have been reconstituted, they may not have had a lot of control in all areas of their business or a lot of cash.

burntoshine

Enlightened
crazy. never bought a product before to find a different brand name covered up with an unnecessary icon/picture etcetera. it's a neat little AA light though.