Used my Novatac at work yesterday

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I work as a photoshop geek, the company i work for also has a large Pegasus printing lab.
yesterday at work the other photoshop geek came out of the lab, asking for a hand.
seems the machine had sprung a leak, and was dripping bleach from its heating unit, the spill tray under the heating unit was getting rather full, and we needed to get it emptied before it overflowed, onto the floor.

i followed the other employee out to the machine, and he proceeded to grab a cheap 2d cell incan ($2.00 plastic POS that looked 20 yrs old) and try to illuminate the damaged part in the bowels of the machine.
the company's plastic incan illuminated a tiny area with a dim yellow spot
i said "hang on" grabbed my novatac from my pocket, kicked it up to high and flooded the interior of the machine with a glorious white light.
the other employee looked at me, looked at my hand/novatac, and said "f**k thats bright, i can see what im doing now"
after siphoning the drip tray empty, and having a tech come look at the machine, the other employee asked to have a closer look at my little flashlight,
i turned it on low, and told him "its on low, to get high just press and hold the button"
so he looks in the bright end, says "thats not very bright" as he held the button down and :poof: he started cursing saying "aargh my eyes" (we were still in the lab area, which is rather dimly lit,)
15 mins later he was still complaining about the spots in his eyes, although he did mention getting a better torch than the company issued one, too keep in his locker

the novatac is overdue for another charge (i charge the AW123s every month) but managed to stay on high whilst we cleaned the machine out (15 mins or so)
this little beasty has been my EDC for ages now (18 months i think) and stil performs perfectly.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice to hear the Novatac was put to good use. I always love it when non-flashoholics get "outgunned' unexpectedly by one of our many bright pocket rockets. Sometimes with all the latest and greatest LED options we have nowadays, I forget how bright something like the Novatac is to someone unenlightened.

Great little torch you got there :thumbsup:

Skeptic

Newly Enlightened
That is a great story! :crackup:

Every time I hand one of my lights to someone to use, I tell them to not look at the reflector when they turn the light on. I would say a good 4 out of 5 people do it anyway. Then they walk around with purple splotches in their vision.

I keep looking at the Novatac, seems like a very nice light.