NEW king of throw IMO

Glenn7

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find it fair then if we are going to be exclusive to the lights that we have on hand only - and only let them count as "the King of throw" and split hairs on what constitutes a spot of light on any object at a distance then IMO is a bit narrow in thinking.

So in this (my) thread - and please its not to flame anyone - I would like to talk about the best of the best throwers -reflectors/culminators/optics/aspheric's.

I'd like to hear every bodies input as to what they have or what they have seen and numbers of lux/lumen always help.

Lasers are out - as I have some nice powerful green ones - but even a 5mw red laser will beat a flashlight hands down for throw- so if you want to talk lasers then start a new thread :grin2:.

So to start off from what I have seen (& not to mention that I own one as well but) the DEFT so far seems to be the "King of throw" - with readings of 156000 lux @ 1 meter - I have some beam shots that I have taken of some of my lights @ 100 meters to show the beam intensity with all shots I used a zoom range of 300mm film speed 1600 & F5.6 and shutter speed of 1 second - so no tricks to make any lights seem brighter than any others http://picasaweb.google.com.au/glennkath/Beams02?authkey=vdOaFlDBbuQ

Another interesting light (or add on) - and check out the lux According TIABLO with "Collimator HEAD" 66900LUX measured at 1m distance :cool:

http://translate.google.com/transla...blo_zoomoptik.html&sl=de&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

From what I have seen so far in a reflector based lights the A10 seems to be the King of throw in reflector based lights (though I reckon my Regalight EDC with snipe head would give it a run for its money :whistle:)

And using a MC-E the jetbeam M1X seems to have the edge on throw as of now - and I would say because the reflector was made for a MC-E and not just plonked in an existing light (but the Solarforce L900 might be a contender but I have no proof)