McLux on Local Newscast

MikeF

Enlightened
I work at a TV station in Denver, and the McLux is one of my EDC lights. I work 2:00am to 11:00am, and I am quite frequently sent out with a Microwave ENG truck and camera kit to shoot spot news. Another of my many different jobs I have at the station is Floor Director/Prompter Operator for the 5:00am and 6:00am newscasts. This morning during the 6:00am newscast, just before we came out of the last commercial break leading into the last segment of the show, the two News Anchors and the Weather Anchor decided to demonstrate the concept of the upcoming Lunar Eclipse. In unison, they all looked at me and asked for a flashlight. I have a reputation as being always prepared, so they didn't ask if I had a flashlight, they all knew I would have one. I actually had McLux, ARC-LSP, ARC-AAA, SL Stylus, and PhotonII on my body and a BlasterVI, and a SL4AA-LED in my Tactical CPF SPECIAL Attache upstairs in my Edit-Bay. I handed over my McLux to Katie, the Anchor on the right portraying the Sun, the anchor(Steve) in the middle represented the Earth, and Richard the Weather Guy on the left became the moon. Katie then pointed the McLux first at the camera and then at Steve and they explained how the shadow of Steve falling on Richard represented the shadow of the Earth on the Moon. They played with the light, with Katie shining it into Steve's ear closest to her and Richard looking in the other ear and saying he could see the light. There was also some joking from Richard as he pretended to stand up for a demonstration of a "Full Moon". Although the light from the McLux wasn't able to be seen over the studio lighting, it was great to get the flashlight on air, and in a positive light (LOL) /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

I should add that the On-Camera Talent team is very professional, but they are occasionally encouraged to have "Personality" moments when appropriate to show their lighter sides. They are all great to work with, and my job is a blast! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

B@rt

Flashaholic
Cool!
fc9daa36.gif

I wonder if they get any reactions regarding the McLux... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MikeF

Enlightened
I'll let you know if there are any comments. The anchors all commented on how bright it was, and that they were not surpised that I had a cool flashlight.

LEDmodMan

Flashaholic*
Cool! Which station? 4,7,9, or one of the others?

I ask because I'm curious since I'm from there (and all our family still lives there), lived there my whole life until I left for college in '97. Unfortunately, I'm displaced by work at the moment, but wanting to move back as soon as I get the opportunity. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif Sorry - slightly OT.

Anyway, maybe with a little /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif you could get them to do a technology spot on Luxeons! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif A little press never hurt, right?

MikeF

Enlightened
LEDmodMan, Channel 7. I probably won't be able to post video due to station policy, and copyright stuff. Sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

MikeF

Enlightened
Saaby, I got permission to extract some stills, but it will have to wain until at least Sunday. I have a road trip I am just walking out the door for, so I thank you all for your patience.
Mike