Fenix PD30 Wishlist

CdBoy

Newly Enlightened
friends!

i finally got the Fenix PD30. overall i am very happy with Fenix and it's products.

just a wishlist of product improvements for the PD30

wish that there is knurling/texturing on the body surface so that when i hold and click (yes, it is a tactical clicky style LED flashlight) it, i can hold it properly and securely. besides if there is knurling/texturing it looks better and more police/military/heavyduty type.

wish that the aircraft aluminum quality used is better or harder. my experience is: had the PD30 and LD20 (yup! got it also), there is a mysterious dent on the PD30 already (not even started to use it) and the anodized paint is already missing on one very itsy bitsy small portion on the LD20 (i didn't recall dropping it nor was there any other metallic thing/item in my front pocket of my pants, so i pretty guess that anodized and hardness are somewhat not enough)

the abovementioned topics are what is bugging me now. otherwise, i praise Fenix that eventhough their company and products are MADE IN CHINA, they produce damn good products! Bang for you Buck! that is what i call it.

anybody care to contradict me on my above observations??

i need your feedbacks!

thanks!:twothumbs

Last edited:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Fenix P2D CE fell from my waist on tarmac, the anodization is missing on 2 places now. But, quality is a matter of price, I would not be willing to pay 50% more just to have a better aluminium and anodization. Of course I agree that it could be better for the same price, perhaps it is on newer and tactical models.

There we are : The PD30 isn't a tactical model. You are right that a knurling/texturing would be good though, but not an aggressive one, just enough to get more grip on a moist or wet surface. That would be more improvement than that stupid u-shaped tail... You have the TK10/11 when it gets really tough, even with cigar-ring.

I agree that they produce damn good products for the price. Would I have nearly each model if they didn't? :crazy: