Testing "blinding" effects of E2DL

ERdiesel

Newly Enlightened
I received my E2DL and it's a fine piece of kit. Well, curiosity got the best of me so i decided to test the blinding effects of the flashlight. I held it at arms length from my face, I looked at it, then turned it on. Needless to say, i'm still seeing stars. As soon as i turned it on, i had to look away. And for a good 10 minutes or so even after this moronic experiment, i was still seeing a "hotspot" right in the middle of my vision. Am i an idiot or what, but I can sure see how this light could be useful when flashed into the eyes of an attacke or some bad guy.

deranged_coder

Enlightened
I am sure you are not the only one who gave in to the temptation to look into the business end of a light to verify how "blinding" it can be. I know I have done it to myself more than once... :whistle:

N/Apower

Enlightened
I received my E2DL and it's a fine piece of kit. Well, curiosity got the best of me so i decided to test the blinding effects of the flashlight. I held it at arms length from my face, I looked at it, then turned it on. Needless to say, i'm still seeing stars. As soon as i turned it on, i had to look away. And for a good 10 minutes or so even after this moronic experiment, i was still seeing a "hotspot" right in the middle of my vision. Am i an idiot or what, but I can sure see how this light could be useful when flashed into the eyes of an attacke or some bad guy.

The low-flash propellant in the RA9T from my Glock assists in producing PERMANENT vision damage. I suggest the same. Flashlights are not something that should be used for self defence as a first-option. They are a last resort, not something you pack PLANNING to use.

That being said, yes, The M600C that I run is stoopid bright and I love the Cree+optics! It is also attatched to something of a serious nature.

m16a

Enlightened
High level lights aren't that bad to look into (granted they do hurt, and you do get blind). Its something I have done. However, looking into a GOOD tactical strobe is worse. Do yourself a favor and never look at a Ra Clicky's tactical strobe. I shudder to think what the 170lm version looks like..

Oh yeah, don't do that with HIDs either.. :devil:

DucS2R

Enlightened
I usually test mine on my friends. Or should I say ex-friends... Less painful.

T.

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somehow I'm still not able experiment to experiment this blinding effect...

Even if my night adapted vision has been exposed to almost no light for about 30 minutes, there is no long lasting blinding effect even with my brightest light: ultrafire W-1000L P7. The light is so bright that I must force my eyes to open, but after i turn it off my vision goes back to normal, i see no shade nor stars...

Don't know if this is good or bad, maybe my pupils reacts faster..:)

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somehow I'm still not able experiment to experiment this blinding effect...

Even if my night adapted vision has been exposed to almost no light for about 30 minutes, there is no long lasting blinding effect even with my brightest light: ultrafire W-1000L P7. The light is so bright that I must force my eyes to open, but after i turn it off my vision goes back to normal, i see no shade nor stars...

Don't know if this is good or bad, maybe my pupils reacts faster..:)
I have to ask!are you wearing welding goggles by any chance :cool:

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Accidentally flashed myself a time or two... Never on purpose. Man, you would have to be nuts to try that on yourself.

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought it was cool when I first got my 6PL I looked right into the reflector and turned it on.

I had a donut left in my eye from the light but could see through the little hole in the middle.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are two types of Flashaholic, the ones who have blinded themselves with their own light, and liars. :)

N/Apower

Enlightened
I'm glad us avid shooters don't usually suffer the same needs as you guys! :laughing:

Flashlight Enthusiast
I accidentally flashed myself with EDC P7.