I lost my Malkoff P7 drop-in for D cell Maglites

RichM

Newly Enlightened
Yep, my wife used it once and it became hers.

She's developing quite a collection of her own. But her eyes really lit up when she tried the 2D Malkoff P7. It was the first time she ever cared enough to ask about run-time.

So, now what?

Should I buy another or go for an M60W MC-E?

Has anyone tried both? If so, what do you think?

I have a lot of 6P's & 9P's around. I also loaded up on a dozen Maglite 2D and 3D flashlights at Lowes over the holidays. With the coupons and sale prices they were around $12.50 each.

I have a couple MTE SSC P7 2 Mode lights on the way from DX.

I liked the 2D P7 Malkoff for myself and I'm really leaning that way for another.

Rich

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you are in for building a light from readily available (on cpf and cpfmp) parts, you might consider a P7 M@g with D2Flex driver giving 5-8 levels, great runtime, and control over the runtime and light level. Do it in 2D with 3C NiMH or Alkaline cells, or 3D or many other options too numerous to mention. Requires a heatsink, P7, D2Flex, and an hour or three.

RichM

Newly Enlightened
If you are in for building a light from readily available (on cpf and cpfmp) parts, you might consider a P7 M@g with D2Flex driver giving 5-8 levels, great runtime, and control over the runtime and light level. Do it in 2D with 3C NiMH or Alkaline cells, or 3D or many other options too numerous to mention. Requires a heatsink, P7, D2Flex, and an hour or three.

Hi Alan,
I guess I haven't spent enough time browsing the Homemade and Modified lights forum. I'll have to correct that. Thanks for your suggestion.

At the present time I don't have much time away from work to do a lot of anything. I did some quick research on your suggestion and I think I'll start collecting some parts for when I do have some time off.

I thought I was going to have time to do some research since the Malkoff D cell P7's were out of stock. But, in the little time since I started this thread, the D cell P7's are back in stock and I just placed my order for another.

Thanks,
Rich

Last edited:

USM0083

Enlightened
I have a Solarforce L900M P7, which seems to put out about 600 lumens out the front on high. Medium hotspot with tons of spill.

I picked up a M60W MC-E and it's a total wall of light (room of light would be more appropriate.)

Here's a link to some of my beamshots:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/221839