A "Flood" to put Noah back to work?

JohnRussell

Newly Enlightened
One light I feel is missing for me is a powerful flood. I have a diffuser for my E1B and that is nice, but there are times when more flood would be useful.

The only lights I know of that emphasize flood are the L4, the Wolf Eyes P7, and the Milky Room Sweeper. My default choice is the Milky, but then I don't know about any other options. Are there other powerful flood options other than the ones listed?
Thanks
JR

curlyfry562

Enlightened
If money is an issue, I would say go for the zebra, it is bright enough. If you really want a bright light, then go for the milky, but it is a little overkill. Don't get me wrong I love my room sweeper partially because it is overkill, but I am glad I have my zebra for doing real work.

JohnRussell

Newly Enlightened
Looks as if the cost of a 6p plus and Mc-E is close to what a Milky Room Sweeper costs ... something to think on. Cost is not the major issue for me, it is having a powerful flood.
Thanks

horizonseeker

Enlightened
if you can still find it, Centraled made one light called the flashflood that had infinite variable brightness and was, IIRC, all flood. was a bit expensive, probably why not too many were produced and sold.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Looks as if the cost of a 6p plus and Mc-E is close to what a Milky Room Sweeper costs ... something to think on. Cost is not the major issue for me, it is having a powerful flood.
Thanks

Scott does great work and I use him all the time but I have to ask, do you want this flood in a week or in 2 months? If price isn't a factor, perhaps your time is.

I say go Malkoff MC-E while you're waiting on Milky to make your room sweeper for you.

Last edited:

DHart

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a variety of good choices, as mentioned, Zebralight, Milky's RoomSweeper, Malkoff P7 drop in, Malkoff M60F drop in, Malkoff M30F drop in, MTE SSC P7, and more. What size light do you want and what runtime can you live with? A tactical roomsweeper can get it's job done in 5 or 10 minutes. Or do you just want a bright flood for longer lasting general use?

I have a couple of beamshots which may be of some help to you comparing the Malkoff P7, M60F, and MTE SSC P7 here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/222013

Last edited:

JohnRussell

Newly Enlightened
There are a variety of good choices, as mentioned, Zebralight, Milky's RoomSweeper, Malkoff P7 drop in, Malkoff M60F drop in, Malkoff M30F drop in, MTE SSC P7, and more. What size light do you want and what runtime can you live with? A tactical roomsweeper can get it's job done in 5 or 10 minutes. Or do you just want a bright flood for longer lasting general use?

I have a couple of beamshots which may be of some help to you comparing the Malkoff P7, M60F, and MTE SSC P7 here:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/222013

As far as size, something less than the size of a Surefire M6 but in the range of a G2, 6P, or E1b. I am not likely to use the light in continuous run mode for more than 15 minutes or so. More likely it will be to produce a flood indoor and sometimes outdoors for 1-10 minutes. The indoor flood of light using the M60w-CE in this thread

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/221839

is what I have in mind. Looks as if there are lots more choices than I realized, but something with broad flood without a hotspot that is palm sized and around 20-30 minutes max runtime is what would be ideal. So, the M60W-Ce in a 6p or a Room Sweeper look as if they are good choices.

Thanks!

HitecDrftr

Newly Enlightened
As far as size, something less than the size of a Surefire M6 but in the range of a G2, 6P, or E1b. I am not likely to use the light in continuous run mode for more than 15 minutes or so. More likely it will be to produce a flood indoor and sometimes outdoors for 1-10 minutes. The indoor flood of light using the M60w-CE in this thread

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/221839

is what I have in mind. Looks as if there are lots more choices than I realized, but something with broad flood without a hotspot that is palm sized and around 20-30 minutes max runtime is what would be ideal. So, the M60W-Ce in a 6p or a Room Sweeper look as if they are good choices.

Thanks!

Best "mass market" flooder in my opinion is the Duracell Daylite (2xcr123) 160 lumens. Cheap, powerful, and with a lifetime guarantee from a reputable company. They say it's "adjustable" but there is not much difference between spot and flood although it is "noticeable". It is basically all flood. Don't confuse it with the 80 lumens Daylite models available in Walmarts.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/212111

-Hitec-