Husky 4 watt aspheric?

upriver

Newly Enlightened
Just wondering if it is possible to find a relatively cheap aspheric lens to fit this light. My crude measurement shows a lens diameter of right around 50 mm, and I think a D-cell mag might be about the same? (and I KNOW there are aspheric lenses/kits available for the mag).

Has anybody fit an aspheric to this husky?

How hard would it be? (I have very few tools and really can't be sanding/grinding or really anything beyond gluing with what's available in my apartment).

Richie086

Enlightened
Just wondering if it is possible to find a relatively cheap aspheric lens to fit this light. My crude measurement shows a lens diameter of right around 50 mm, and I think a D-cell mag might be about the same? (and I KNOW there are aspheric lenses/kits available for the mag).

Has anybody fit an aspheric to this husky?

How hard would it be? (I have very few tools and really can't be sanding/grinding or really anything beyond gluing with what's available in my apartment).

We've been using this company's upgraded glass lenses on our Dorcy 220 lumen LED flashlights. Much better than the cheap plastic it comes with. If you find an appropriate lens for the Husky (2D??) please post it. I know I'd try and remove the head on mine if it meant upgrading the plastic lens for a much better one.

http://www.flashlightlens.com/str/i...s_lenses&sid=p0tn9yfqi40vd3ke9s5dk11x348wonfz

BTW...doing this on my Dorcy 220 lumen did eliminate some aberration and made for a slightly better beam.

upriver

Newly Enlightened
We've been using this company's upgraded glass lenses on our Dorcy 220 lumen LED flashlights. Much better than the cheap plastic it comes with. If you find an appropriate lens for the Husky (2D??) please post it. I know I'd try and remove the head on mine if it meant upgrading the plastic lens for a much better one.

http://www.flashlightlens.com/str/i...s_lenses&sid=p0tn9yfqi40vd3ke9s5dk11x348wonfz

BTW...doing this on my Dorcy 220 lumen did eliminate some aberration and made for a slightly better beam.

I actually haven't even tried to remove the head until just now...seems it may be hard without tools (locktite?):whistle:

Richie086

Enlightened
I actually haven't even tried to remove the head until just now...seems it may be hard without tools (locktite?):whistle:

Yeah, I know what you mean. One of the several I purchased that didn't have good focus, I was able to open one before I returned it. I was just able to break loose the red thread-loc on the head. Whatever you end up replacing the stock lens with, assuming you can get the head off, please post your results. Thanks.